General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Race and Street?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 PM

Race and Street?

I went to raceandstreet.com and found basically a non-functional page, links redirect to godaddy holding raceandstreet.net . Has anyone else heard anything about this? I'm hoping it's just a redesign of site or something similar, as I was looking to purchase the led taillights this summer, but now, frankly, I'm a bit concerned if that would be a good place to buy from, even though I know from reading posts through the years that maggie has been excellent to work with.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Dunno. Send Maggie a PM here and see if you get a response. Her screen name is maggiea. Or give them a call at 1-888-826-1394.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 PM

their home page is up both the HHR and PT store pages are down
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Rest In Peace

As suggested, give her a call.

I recently placed 2 seperate HHR orders that were pretty large without a hitch.
I went back to place a third order and the site was messed up, I called and she told me their website people were working on it but she wasnt very happy with their progress at the time.

I told her I can wait to place my order as I was unsure what all else I will be ordering until the site was up and running again.

Several days later a completely revamed site was up, now the old one is back without the "store" pages working and the homepage says they are back, but another change is coming. Contact Us page is working.

She's very easy to work with, give her a call and see whats up.

I'm just waiting it out, for now, as my final order is just a few more odds and ends to finish up my last 2 orders.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:13 AM

I just received an order from them they are redoing their site
Old 04-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Quick update: as of this morning, the race and street site seems to be back to normal. The store links work for hhr and pt cruisers, I didn't check others. The Contact Us and other buttons seem to function as they should. Sorry if I sounded a false alarm, I just got concerned when I saw godaddy had the page parked and 'for sale'. Like I said in my original post, I know that maggie has a very good reputation on here, and I believe she has earned it. Thanks for the replies, and if you see this maggie (or anyone else from Race and Street) - THANKS for all your hard work!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM

New head & cams??

Hi everyone, I'm still fairly new on this site so here go's. I have looked at a Patriot CNC ported stage II head, there cams are 192/179 dur. and 243.235 lift, I like the Comp XE252HR-11, 210/212 dur.and 423/419 lift, 2600-6800 RPM. I also have a stock 2.4 intake manifold that I was going to use.I was also planing on the Trifecta tune as well, but the tuner has suggested that I do everything first before tuning. My HHR is 06, 2.2, LS, with auto trans, L61 eng. Patriot says 35hp gain with there combo,I've heard 20hp gain with 2.4 intake man,I've heard 10-15 gain with trifecta tune.Do these figures sound rite? Are the comp cams to much for the street,daily driver?Will they hurt gas mileage? What are the stock cam specs for my HHR? Can't find them.Has anyone used a HHO generator add on? You will see many claims of 30+mpg increase,=60mpg+, end result.Has anyone used an EFIE add on? Will an EFIE work with the tune? Any help on this would be great.Thanks very much for any help.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Rest In Peace

Hi Ed, you should DELETE your post Here. And REPOST it in "2.2L Performance Tech" forum.
You will get a much Better responce there I think.

This Thread is called "Race and Street" but for a Different reason.
Race And Street is a Supplier of Aftermarket HHR Goodies like Chrome and Stainless Steel both Mirror Polished and Brushed, and some other goodies for them.
Their website was down thats why this thread was started, not really a Performance thread.

Anyways I am installing some of those goodies and looking at the website deciding what all else I need to order up from Maggie over at Race and Street.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:25 PM

and.............the site is down again. HHR Boutique is still up though.