General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rear hatch tweaked or dented..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 PM

Maybe I'll take it back and tell them that I believe it may have been repaired poorly.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 AM

Dear nacademus,

I have about your situation with your back hatch. I have read through the thread too. I am glad that you were able to get such valuable information from the members of the forum.

Here is an idea for your to ponder; you can take it to a second General Motors dealership for a second opinion.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear nacademus,

I have about your situation with your back hatch. I have read through the thread too. I am glad that you were able to get such valuable information from the members of the forum.

Here is an idea for your to ponder; you can take it to a second General Motors dealership for a second opinion.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
THANKS! I'll do that. I honestly don't believe its something that I have done. I am always very cautious with my car. Anyone could have struck it, but it could have also been there since I've bought it. I guess it is my own fault that I didn't bring it in the brighter light to do a full walk around. Lesson learned.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM

Hmm they have been watching!

To those who have petty tirades you may want to note this. First they watch the web and then the black Suburbans show up and take you away! LOL!

I am glad to see they are watching and I have noted a lot more effort on GM with the service and customer satisfaction efforts. They still have a lot of work to do but at least they are started.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Deceased

Believe me, all of the manufacturers monitor sites like these, and they are well aware of what is said and done in the various communities.

Hopefully someone at Chevrolet will note for the future that vocal groups like ours are the ones who can make or break them in the long run.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Believe me, all of the manufacturers monitor sites like these, and they are well aware of what is said and done in the various communities.

Hopefully someone at Chevrolet will note for the future that vocal groups like ours are the ones who can make or break them in the long run.
They have been watching and now are more often helping. There has been an driveline engineer here too that has helped. There are a lot of good people in GM and now they are being let lose to help like they have never been able to do before.

This is something that will only increase in the future. GM has not fully changed over night but they are changing and it will be for the better.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 AM

I don't see my experience as a "petty tirade".

I wasn't BLAMING anyone for it. Its my own fault that I wasn't more observant. That's all.

On the other hand.
I greatly appreciate that they are here and can't even begin to explain how great it makes me feel to get a person and not a robot...and when I called the GM Customer Service line with many MANY ongoing the issues I had with my previous vehicle, I had a person there for me every step of the way-an American person. Call me contemptuous, but its how I feel. I don't want to speak to a foreigner about my issues.

The previous company I worked for looked overseas for a lot of cheaper alternatives to save money. This meant laying off thousands of people in support and essentially ruining their/our lives. It hit far too close to home for me. I certainly hope American companies open their eyes and develop some sort of patriotism.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by nacademus
I don't see my experience as a "petty tirade".

I wasn't BLAMING anyone for it. Its my own fault that I wasn't more observant. That's all.

On the other hand.
I greatly appreciate that they are here and can't even begin to explain how great it makes me feel to get a person and not a robot...and when I called the GM Customer Service line with many MANY ongoing the issues I had with my previous vehicle, I had a person there for me every step of the way-an American person. Call me contemptuous, but its how I feel. I don't want to speak to a foreigner about my issues.

The previous company I worked for looked overseas for a lot of cheaper alternatives to save money. This meant laying off thousands of people in support and essentially ruining their/our lives. It hit far too close to home for me. I certainly hope American companies open their eyes and develop some sort of patriotism.
I was not speaking of you. That were ment for the some others who talk buy back or lawyer after one simple issue or trouble after dealing with on bad dealer. I can remember one guy a few years ago that really did not want to work to fix a simple issue and just wanted to scream lawyer and buy back. He could have solved his issues if he had just gone to another dealer but he did not want to solve the issue. Often the issue with GM is at the dealer level and not with GM themselves for the most part. A good dealer service department is the largest key to customer satisfaction and sadly too many fall short no matter how GM trys to force the issue. Even when they tried to close a lot of poor dealers the Goverment stops them.

We have had many threads that go off like that. Your complaints were fair and honest. The key is when you buy a car you need to look it over before you drive off. Once you leave a lot the responsibility becomes yours. The Chevy contact here I thought was a nice good will offer to help.

As for the other issue it is more than companies. Workers and Unions need to understand we are not the only game in town anymore with a world economy. This is a deal we all need to work together or we will lose what we have left.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Having sold cars for a number years retired now medical ! I would never sign anything UNTIL I did a walk around a good look at the interior and drive it !

I can remember delivering BLACK cars out of the light because the paint was so bad . I imagine it done now to ! So if yours had a problem it would NOT surprise me the sales person delivered out of the light !

I can say thou I never delivered a car knowing there was a problem ! Except black paint.. Never saw one after it was washed once at the dealer that did not have swirls .

I know yours wasn't black . But you did learn a lesson never take delivery without looking the car over from top to bottom . The saleperson should do it befor delivery because he never knows what the prep guys may have missed or done and NOT told him .
Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 AM

I once posted on a Yahoo car review about the 2006 Impala SS, I had one of the first ones out on the market. I mentioned the problem of "torque steer". A few days later, I got a call at work from the marketing manager for the Impala at Chevy, advising me to turn off the traction control for strong acceleration, as it imitates a torque steer problem.

Quick Reply: Rear hatch tweaked or dented..?