General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The rear view mirror placement problem

Old 02-03-2006, 08:07 AM

The rear view mirror placement problem

Before and after I purchased my HHR, I read a number of comments about various issues with the HHR design.. window control placement , etc.

Most of those dont bother me. One is beginning to bug me. The rear view mirror seems to block my view thru the center of the windshield. The one time it seems to be a problem is on the cloverleaf, as I need to look at a 45 degree angle right, to see whats ahead on the curve. Gonna have to do something about it, havent decided what to do yet. I like the mirror, and the compass in the mirror, so I dont just want to rip it out and replace it with another.

The power seats already as low as it will go, perhaps I can modify to sit a little lower.

Anyone else bothered and have thoughts to share?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Banned

I have no problems with the location of the mirror blocking my vision. I do have a problem with the visor totally blocking my vision if I try to put it down.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 AM

Mike from SoCal HHRs in another thread clued us in to how far up you can actually move the mirror. I did it, and was surprised at how high it can go. You might want to give that a try before replacing the whole mirror. Just push it up. It'll go.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by HHRster
Mike from SoCal HHRs in another thread clued us in to how far up you can actually move the mirror. I did it, and was surprised at how high it can go. You might want to give that a try before replacing the whole mirror. Just push it up. It'll go.

Where is this post? I've done a search on this site, and without rereading every post, have not found anything about adjustment of mirror.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM

No post needed. Push firmly with your hand - voila' - the mirror moves up!

Surprising, eh?

Mine is waaaaay up out of my field of vision now...

Hope it helps,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:04 AM

My problem isn't the rear view mirror placement... more the problem of seeing around the big (oversized) headrests on the rear seats. They have a tendency to create blind spots while trying to look thru the back window.

Anyone else having (noticing) this problem... or is it just me?

I wonder if GM will downsize the rear headrests in '07 model? (like PT Cruiser did in '02 models)
Old 02-04-2006, 06:01 AM

Agreed -- I pulled mine out and put them in the net in the hatch -- rarely have rear seat passengers (if you do, takes two seconds to pop them back in... PLUS, it looks kind of old-school with just the straight-across bench rear deck.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:08 AM

Thanks HHRster,

Yeah, I was kinda hoping that those rear headrests were removable. Since I carry/haul gear 80% of the time, my rear seats are ususal folded down anyways. (curse of being a professional drummer... lots of equipment to move)

However, I've also found that those bulky headrests get "smooshed" into the backs of the front seats while in the folded down position.

What the heck, I'm going out to the garage and remove them now... :)
Old 02-04-2006, 10:31 AM

That's great. You can always store the headsets underneat the rear bench. If you do not want to in the net
Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
No post needed. Push firmly with your hand - voila' - the mirror moves up!

Surprising, eh?

Mine is waaaaay up out of my field of vision now...

Hope it helps,

OK...BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC....

I tried this pushing firmly , all that happened was popping the mirror off its base on the windshield.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The rear view mirror placement problem