General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Remote starter and parking lites

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by machinistlady
I finally took mine in for service and the dealer refused to flash the ecu because they claim that there is a bulletin out that directs them not to flash it because it wouldn't take care of the problem and that engineering is currently working on the problem.
I got the same kind of answer from the dealer: GM is aware of the problem but does not have a fix for it. But he did pull up the bulletin to show me.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:29 PM

When using the remote starter during the day, the parking lights come on when you start it and stay on(like the manual says they are suppose to do), however when remote starting at nite, the parking lites don't come on at all.
My parking lights do not come on during the day or night when using the remote starter.

The only time the parking lights come on when using the remote start is after I press the unlock button on the key fob.

The manual says the parking lights should come on, but they don't. I'm still reading through the owners manual to see if that setting can be altered or not via the DIC.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:25 AM

remote starter

I have found that recently, every once in a while, the parking lites come on at nite when I start it. No rhyme or reason. But what I have found that works consistently for me, is to first unlock the HHR with the remote, immediately lock it with the remote, then use the starter and the parking lights come on and stay on like they are suppose to at nite ,everytime.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 AM

I have found that recently, every once in a while, the parking lites come on at nite when I start it. No rhyme or reason. But what I have found that works consistently for me, is to first unlock the HHR with the remote, immediately lock it with the remote, then use the starter and the parking lights come on and stay on like they are suppose to at nite ,everytime.
That sequence defintely does the trick.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 AM

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this situation:
When using the remote starter during the day, the parking lights come on when you start it and stay on(like the manual says they are suppose to do), however when remote starting at nite, the parking lites don't come on at all.
Have I got a problem or is this the way they all work? I hate to let the dealer get their hands on my HHR if I can avoid it! Thanks.
Mine does the same thing, i found that if u hit the unlock button on the remote and then relock they come on. As to why they do that i havent a clue... chevys wireing is confusing and i am currently working on figuring it out. I think a reflash would solve this but sometimes if the dealer aint up to date with the equip and computers u can open a biger can of worms!!! Good luck.