General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rolled Visor "noise"

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Unhappy Rolled Visor "noise"

I think I made a $500.00 mistake !!!!! I love the way it looks but it just makes way too much noise . Has anyone else had this on there ride ? If so is there a fix ?
thanks rNr // mike
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Maybe I don't hear the noise is because I have the radio on. I hear more wind noise when I have the roof opened up. I'll trade the look for any amount of noise it produces. I LOVE it. I'm sure that the lower grill that I put in creates some noise, I'm sure that the eye lids I put on create some noise, and I am sure that the fender Kilts (Harvey don't like to say there skirts) create some noise, I'm sure that the vent visors create some noise. Its all a trade off. Some people complain that the roof is too low, duh then don't buy an HHR.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 06-13-2007, 12:01 PM

I love my rolled visor! It does make some noise but not enough to take it off. I also have the radio on, and I agree that the open sun roof open makes more noise.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by rockNroad
I think I made a $500.00 mistake !!!!! I love the way it looks but it just makes way too much noise . Has anyone else had this on there ride ? If so is there a fix ?
thanks rNr // mike

Interesting. I have had mine for a few months now, purchase used from CJNAPPO. I just had it repainted, I "LOVE” the way it looks but have concerns about installing it. I have been reading many pros and cons about this particular visor, I'm sure when all is said and done I will install it any way. I will post any pros or cons I have with it. Good luck with yours. I do recall reading somewhere, maybe on "TOF" a user had the same problem and stuffed some water pipe insulation under the visor and the noise went away.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Is the noise from the wind against the visor? If so would't this have an effect on your MPG by increasing the drag on the HHR? I had a visor on my old Chevy LUV stepside in the 80's and it was noisy too now that I think about it.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM

If the rolled visor is the one sold by California Cruisers in San Bernardino, thats the one that I have. Bob installed it for me and I have had Harvey up to 100 MPH and no problem. If it is the one that CC sells look under the HOW TO SECTION and do it that way AND ONLY THAT WAY. Be sure and take the STICKY PAPER if its still there OFF, OFF, OFF. If you don't and you silcon it on, you will ONLY BE ATTACHHING the PAPER to the windshield. You might even give Bob a call. I would not want to close off the opening at the roof because there would be no way for the air to get out. You would build up preasure and I don't think you would want to do that. KA-BOOM, visor gone.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Lightbulb

What Bob from socal cruisers said to do is put a piece of foam pipe insulation under the visor. I had it on mine and it did stop the noise, but I live in the desert and too much dirt was collecting around it. I just turn up the radio and I can't hear the noise.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Thumbs up thanks !!!!!

Originally Posted by JT's HHR
What Bob from socal cruisers said to do is put a piece of foam pipe insulation under the visor. I had it on mine and it did stop the noise, but I live in the desert and too much dirt was collecting around it. I just turn up the radio and I can't hear the noise.
Thanks for the info. I'll try the foam insulation

later rNr // mike
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm glad I didn't have foam in mine a few weeks ago. I hit a small bird and it rattled around under the visor before it got blown all the way threw the opening. So do what you must, its your nickle.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey