General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Scripts encounter...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Scripts encounter...

So tonight I pull into a gas station and this guy walks over to my HHR takes one look at the scripts and says, "That's sweet, did that come with the car? I've never seen that on a Chevy before." (He was about 30 years younger than me so that explains his last statement. )

I explain I had them added (NOT by the dealer) and he said he was going to get them for his....ready...BRAND NEW MALIBU. Mmmmmm...... I gave him the ordering information for the scripts. He then took me over to his Malibu and showed me where he is going to put them. Now don't get me wrong, I think the scripts look great on an HHR, but on a new 2008 Malibu? Mmmmmm....

Today's encounter once again confirms my philosophy on HHRs....

"HHRs....bringing people who love cars together while pissing off PT Cruser owners (because HHRs look sooooooo much better)."

Peace,
Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Nice application. Did you drill and screw them or bond? I have some extra 57 210 scripts but don't want really want to drill a 2-week old car. I have a '56 hood Chevrolet crest on my mesh grill. Was going to be a trial basis thing but really looks good so looks like it stays. Size is an issue when mixing full size car trim on HHRs.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 PM

Go to:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/picture-media-11/look-what-i-added-12639/

Then scroll down to #6. That explains exactly how they were applied. And NO drilling was done!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM

YES! And we ALL loved it!
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
YES! And we ALL loved it!
Your quote above...You liked my rather long description of how they were applied? Well THANK YOU then!! I truly wanted everyone (who is interested) to know how it was done. I appreciate the feedback!!! I really do.

And I like your chevy grill emblem. Takes me back to 1959!!!! (I was only 7 but I remember those emblems! They were so beautiful!! My mother had a '59 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon with the fake woody look. It had the Ford emblem...remember it?)

Again THANKS for letting me know you appreciated the description on afixing the scripts.

Peace,

MWG2
Proud owner of Car 11
Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 PM

I like your posts regardless! Always funny!

The emblem is from Surfer Panel's gorgeous sunburst orange panel--I took the pic last Saturday at our g2g. We all admired it and had to take a pic of it!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Well afs9, do me a favor then....

I am originally from California and I miss In-n-Out, so will you please go have a DOUBLE-DOUBLE for me!!!

I should be in SoCal soon; I will let you all know and if at all possible, I would love to see your HHRs up front a personal. And the first five that show up at a TBD In-N-Out will get a Double-Double on me!!! Honest!!!

Peace,

MWG2
Old 01-14-2008, 10:04 PM

Afs9,
Thanks for posting the picture. I finally have some pictures of the car and will sit down tomorrow and try to figure out how to post. It was great seeing other HHRs. I have been working on mine since Dec 28th when I bought it.
Don't see many on the road, even less panels.
Great to chat.........
Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 PM

Doh!
I'm not going to tell you how close to an IN-&-Out I live

Surfer Panel, I never thought I would like that color, but dang is it gorgeous!

HHR count today, two: a gold and an amethyst, no panels
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 PM

I had something similar happen to me when I went to one of the Chevrolet dealers where a former HHR owner works. I parked outside the dealership and the vultures on the steps came over and said "nice HHR you have there ma'am" and of course I said thank you very much. Then one of the salesman says to me..."I didn't know these cars came with the retro script on them." I said...they don't...I got those online and put them on with double faced tape. He thought they were a great idea for the HHR and said they should come with them. Shows how little some salesmen know about the HHR.

Nice grill emblem above...very classy looking.

Quick Reply: Scripts encounter...