General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Save the PT Cruiser?
yes I signed the PT Cruiser petition
24.49%
no I won't sign
75.51%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Should I save the PT cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Should I save the PT cruiser

The automotive grapevine has rumored that both the PT Cruiser and the HHR will be killed. The PT cruiser will go first, I think. The article at the bottom of this post describes a petition effort to keep the PT Cruiser alive. I signed because I feel if the PT is retained, the chances of keeping the HHR going will increase too. What could it hurt?
-----------------------------
Scott Kissinger runs one of the most popular PT Cruiser web sites (http://ptenthusiasts.org) and he is worried. He said, “Given the rumors that are swirling about the last year of the PT being 2009 (with the Toluca, Mexico, plant being switched over to the larger crossovers for Chrysler and Dodge), I and the rest of the PT community felt it was a good time to take action. I have set up a ’Save the PT’ petition at http://savethept.com.”

“If enough of us act,” Kissinger said, “we can make sure that there are PT Cruisers for years to come.”
original article but not the petition located at:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...8/newsletter01
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 PM

The HHR is rumoured to be getting a redesign in 2011 and will lose most, if not all, of it's retro appearance.

Isn't the platform the PT is based on (Neon) is being killed off?
Given Chrysler's issues and apparently slowing sales of the PT, I doubt Chrysler would spend the money to replatform it.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM

The PT Cruiser isn't really on the Neon platform, but rather uses just a few pieces from it. Some have suggested moving the PT Cruiser to the Dodge Caliber platform. Although the PT Cruiser doesn't sell as well as the HHR (or drive as well either :) ) it is till one of Chrysler corporations best sellers.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 PM

I won't sign because I wouldn't back it up by buying one if they were still produced...

That and I don't put any stock in petitions
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CrashMan82

That and I don't put any stock in petitions

This is just like one of my other posts. Everyonefrom this forum and all the pt forums can sign this petition and Chrysler can still kill the pt if they want.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Whats a PT?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Hey if they kill them it only helps make them more collectable in about 20 yrs. If you can keep your HHR that long. I wonder if the short-lived SSR will become collectable?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
The HHR is rumoured to be getting a redesign in 2011 and will lose most, if not all, of it's retro appearance.
What will it be called then? HHR is not just a bunch of letters, it has meaning that would not make sense if most of the retro goes away.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

I won't sign because I like the idea of having a car many don't have and will not be able to get.

Am I alone in hoping the HHR is indeed redesigned without the retro? Then we will really have "different" looking vehicles. I don't like the car because it is the flavor of the moment in retro. I like it because of what it is period. I would prefer to have the only one in the world LOL.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 PM

Along those lines, a fellow panel owner told me they are selling horribly and probably won't be around long, thus we might end up with a very limited vehicle.

Quick Reply: Should I save the PT cruiser