General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

side curtain airbags

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 AM

well it does not say airbags on the plugs so no airbags on mine

thanks to all for the replys

also can the dealers reprint the window sticker??
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 AM

I know that a dealer can re-order a window sticker. When I picked mine up one of the detailers tossed it, after I had requested that it be left in the vehicle. My salesperson ordered a new one and it was delivered in a few days.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by jx3

The plastic pieces that I have painted blue are the covers for the curtain bags. Their is also a third one on each side in the A-pillar.
Ok so if the HHR has airbags then

1) these caps (outlined in blue above) should say AIRBAG

2) the code ASF should appear in the glovebox

3) the seats are a little more muscular in the shoulders

Please confirm

Makes a diff for katzkin leather seats
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

Well my caps do not say AIRBAG on them, I do not have code ASF on the options sticker in the glovebox. I can't tell the difference in looking at the seats afterall.

So it looks like I do not have the side airbags?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by BLAQ
Well my caps do not say AIRBAG on them, I do not have code ASF on the options sticker in the glovebox. I can't tell the difference in looking at the seats afterall.

So it looks like I do not have the side airbags?
You are correct, RPO code ASF not listed on sticker + caps are blank (no "airbag" molded into caps) = no side curtain airbags
Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Thank you grumpee for the reassurance, wanted to make sure I was getting the right leather.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 PM

My HHR doen't have side air bags, no ABC or traction control.

I wonder how we all survived the 50s and 60s with no seat belts and no padded dashes? How did we survive the 70s and 80s with no air bags, no ABS, no traction control or side air bags?

My 99 Buick was the first car that had all that stuff and no air bags were ever deployed. I rarely have to make any panic stops, so I don't know if the ABS brakes ever worked. The one panic stop I did make, the brake line blew. The last car that did that (78 VW Rabbit (POS)), I used the parking brake to stop. I'm sure the traction control may have worked when I was driving in snow, but I drove in snow 30 years before that option was available to me with no problems. You do eventually learn how to drive in adverse conditions, I hope.

I saw, in winter weather, the clowns with 4X4s blowing down the road oblivious of the road conditions confident that their car can handle the road situation, no matter how limited their driving skills are.

I wonder if with all these safety options mandated, people are overly confident in driving in their well padded set of wheels which can handle all conditions with the computer controlled options that keep them straight on their path and out of harms way.

I watch them flying down I-95 in their safety car zig-zaging through traffic seeming in a hurry to meet their maker at 20 mph over the speed limit and tell myself "stay in the right lane" and hope they don't run up my tail pipe during their lane changes.