General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Signing off for now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Signing off for now...

Just traded in the HHR for a Pontiac G8. Wasn't really convinced I needed/wanted a new car but with the G8's not long for this world and the incentives, I decided to go test drive one...man what a rocket! I'll miss the good gas mileage of the HHR, but the G8 is in a whole other league...
Old 07-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Congrats. It is a nice car.

They will be continuing the car as a Caprice as a 2011 in late 2010. I just expect a grille change only and no GXP.

This should help you on your resale in the future since it will not be an orphan car.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Well, as sad as it is to get rid of the HHR, a G8 is a GREAT replacement car! Hope you have fun with it!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM

The G8 would have been my second choice if I didn't get the HHR SS. I traded in my Cadillac CTS and the G8 would have been an easy transition from one car to another.

But in my case, the little conscience angel on my shoulder took over and pushed me to something a little more on the practical side. The devil on the other shoulder steered me to the SS package. The only reason I got the HHR was because I need a car for business that had an SUV-like cargo area and it seemed to fit the bill for what I needed it for.

My G8 would have been the graphite gray with black interior. What color will yours be? PS, loved the 6 speed tap shifter in the G.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:05 PM

Nice choice, I too would also miss the MPG's...
Old 07-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
The G8 would have been my second choice if I didn't get the HHR SS. I traded in my Cadillac CTS and the G8 would have been an easy transition from one car to another.

But in my case, the little conscience angel on my shoulder took over and pushed me to something a little more on the practical side. The devil on the other shoulder steered me to the SS package. The only reason I got the HHR was because I need a car for business that had an SUV-like cargo area and it seemed to fit the bill for what I needed it for.

My G8 would have been the graphite gray with black interior. What color will yours be? PS, loved the 6 speed tap shifter in the G.
I picked it up a few hours ago. G8 GT, Sport Red Metallic w/sport w/premium packages.

I also own another gas guzzler, a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, which I use for camping trips, etc. I bought the HHR to save gas on my communte and I liked its combination of features, yes it is very practical and a great choice for many people. However, I started a new job earlier this year where I drive a lot less, and like I said above, once I drove the G8, I was blown away. It rides so much better than my previous Pontiacs over the last 20 years, includuing a Grand Am, two Grand Prixs and a Bonneville. This is the best Pontiac I've ever been in. The only one that was really close was the 2001 Bonneville SSEi I bought, and it cost me more...
Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Congrats. It is a nice car.

They will be continuing the car as a Caprice as a 2011 in late 2010. I just expect a grille change only and no GXP.

This should help you on your resale in the future since it will not be an orphan car.
Is the "caprice" going to replace the Out dated Impala?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by DavidF
I picked it up a few hours ago. G8 GT, Sport Red Metallic w/sport w/premium packages.

I also own another gas guzzler, a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, which I use for camping trips, etc. I bought the HHR to save gas on my communte and I liked its combination of features, yes it is very practical and a great choice for many people. However, I started a new job earlier this year where I drive a lot less, and like I said above, once I drove the G8, I was blown away. It rides so much better than my previous Pontiacs over the last 20 years, includuing a Grand Am, two Grand Prixs and a Bonneville. This is the best Pontiac I've ever been in. The only one that was really close was the 2001 Bonneville SSEi I bought, and it cost me more...
Lucky, I would love a G8. I still miss my 06 Dodge Ram, I loved that truck. Some days i wish i still had it,except for when i go to the gas station.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Is the "caprice" going to replace the Out dated Impala?
No

The Caprice is just going to be added to the Chevy line with the Impala.
Expect it to be around till 2015-16.

The new Impala is in the works and will remain FWD and is not due till late 2012 as a 2012.

The program was delayed when the RWD Impala was canceled.

The Pontiac was too good to kill, Chevy needed a new car, Holden needed the billion dollars the G8 generated in exports. The car is already sold in the middle east as a Chevy.

This is the car they showed in OZ last April. It is a G8 with a Chevy nose in LAPD trim. THey just changed the nose. I am not sure what other changes may be made but this is all they have shown so far.

This car is very profitable even at only 40K units imported.

Most people write off the GTO as a failure but even at the numbers it was imported it made a profit for GM and Holden.

Look for Chevy to add a police package to this car to go with the already good selling Impala police package.