Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Wisconsin signing in, hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:35 PM

Wisconsin signing in, hello everyone!

Railshot is the username I use on all of the automotive forums I belong to, but Dave is the name my mother decided to give me many, many, many years ago.

I am not new to forums (I belong to Fiero forum, 3Si (Mitusibish 3000GT / Dodge Stealth) PT / Cruiser forum, Cadillac Forum, etc, and find this one to be one of the most informative ones I have joined. As a matter of fact, I see a lot of people referring to some of the posts here in other forums saying this is the place to go for good information.

I own (recently purchased) a white 2011 LT.

Name:  20150417_165456.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  4.14 MB

It is a former enterprise rental which is what brought me here to begin with while I was trying to get the remote start working, so I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks and decided to join. No luck with the remote start, but I liked what I saw here.

Along with the HHR, I am the proud owner of a 2001 PT / Cruiser.... says a lot about me I guess. I like oddball cars. LOL.

Good to be here and hope if I can help someone with something I will be sure to chime in.

Thanks for having me,
Dave a.k.a Railshot.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Technical Moderator

Welcome!

You most likely will not have luck with the remote start. Scroll through the DIC menu, if there is no remote start option you will not be able to force it. Also, look on the label on the glove box door AP3 is for remote start.

Up to 2008 it was possible to fool the car into thinking it had remote start, but they killed it later. Enterprise orders most without, unfortunately it's a software and hardware delete.
This would work if you had a 2008: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...ion-ap3-28551/
Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Dave! Enjoy the HHR!!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Welcome!

You most likely will not have luck with the remote start. Scroll through the DIC menu, if there is no remote start option you will not be able to force it. Also, look on the label on the glove box door AP3 is for remote start.

Up to 2008 it was possible to fool the car into thinking it had remote start, but they killed it later. Enterprise orders most without, unfortunately it's a software and hardware delete.
This would work if you had a 2008: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...ion-ap3-28551/

Thanks donbrew,
I pretty much came to that conclusion already, even called every dealer local to me and all they could offer is aftermarket which I am not interested in.
It would have been nice to have, but not necessary.

No DIC for it, and no AP3 code either so I guess I just have a really nice car without remote start.
How did I ever survive the past 62 years without that?
LOL.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Since the 5 speed HHR's don't have remote start, just "pretend" like your car really wanted to be a manual transmission one.

Fwiw. I don't miss not having remote start. Never had a car with it either.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 AM
Deceased

aboard!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Banned

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:31 AM

Welcome
Old 09-29-2015, 06:19 PM

Well, it has only been since April that I have had my HHR, and...........
I like it so much I just bought another one last night.

2010 LT, Cyber gray, 95,000 miles, running boards, sunroof, roof rack, leather (heated of course!) Bluetooth, remote start.. and more.

If anyone is interested I could post some pics this weekend.
So far I have found it needs swaybar links (typical clunking on bumps), a right front parking light along with a new inner fender for the same area (the guy that had it must have had to change the headlight bulb and destroyed it lol), and all the typical new to me things like air filters, oil filter, oil, plugs and so on.

I need to figure out the reason my left front speakers are not working, and yes, I have read how they should all be replaced, but I think I may dig into it a bit deeper to find the actual failure.
If I do, I will post it here.

Thanks for all the help to everyone that posts tips and tricks here. They work.

I like HHR's so much, I gave my sister in law my P/T cruiser!
I still come here for information, so keep up the good work everyone. This is the place!

Quick Reply: Wisconsin signing in, hello everyone!