General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

"The Silver Surfer" has emerged with it's first mod.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Jay, nice find on the silver surfer PT. Hmmm, would have to be ghosted on this silver surfer though
I agree that's a nice find on the Silver Surfer PT... I'm not much on the air brush look since it's a daily driver but that's just my opinion. I am thinking maybe a small decal like this though.

Speaking of decals I plan on removing the dealer decal today. I have read the forums on this and some say Goo Gone and some say heat... Will Goo Gone do it by itself or do I need to find a blow dryer?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 AM

I removed mine...

Start with the heat from a hairdryer... do not get it overly hot but gradually warm it up. If it is a decal you can gently work a corner up with your figernail and slowly peel back. If it's a metal or plastic logo, you can carefully and slowly work a fishing line or detal floss behind it.

After it was removed, I used the automotive 3M adhesive tar remover to remove any remaining goo...

You might want to wipe the area with a very mild soap or spray detailer when your done. Don't want to leave the dried remover on your paint where it could bake in from the sun...
Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
I removed mine...

Start with the heat from a hairdryer... do not get it overly hot but gradually warm it up. If it is a decal you can gently work a corner up with your figernail and slowly peel back. If it's a metal or plastic logo, you can carefully and slowly work a fishing line or detal floss behind it.

After it was removed, I used the automotive 3M adhesive tar remover to remove any remaining goo...

You might want to wipe the area with a very mild soap or spray detailer when your done. Don't want to leave the dried remover on your paint where it could bake in from the sun...
Thanks Big Kahuna... I guess I will need to go out and get a hair dryer... single guy with short hair... LOL