General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Some people have no respect

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:28 AM

Some people have no respect

Well I came out of work one day to find about a dime sized dent in my driver's door. I suspect the white Ford Focus that was parked next to me was the culprit, but I couldn't be sure. Anyway I went to my local body shop just to estimate what having it fixed would cost and well they said $65-$75 would be the cheapest route, but I would have to wait for their guys from Knoxville to come down to do a car with hail damage. Otherwise it was going to cost me $400-$500 in body work to make this tiny little dent disappear or my insurance deductible whichever I preferred. So I was just wondering if you guys knew of any cheaper way I could possibly get this dent out of my driver's door? If not I suppose I will just wait and pay the $65-$75 or just live with the fact that it's there. Like I said it's not really noticeable, but to me it's not the fact that it can't really be the seen, but the fact that it's there and I know it. It just kills me that some people have no respect for other people's stuff. I mean it looks like whoever did it just took their door and slammed it into mine. Anyway any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Deceased

If they have a paintless dent removal guy I'd just wait until they can fit it in, you'd be amazed how well the PDR guys do when making a dent vanish. If you have the door fixed in the conventional manner you're talking about Bondo and paint work with the possibility of a color mismatch on that panel.

Sadly in most cases, people who park next to you don't give a damn about your vehicle so hitting it with their door is just par for the course. I park out as far as I can wherever I go, if nothing else it has saved me from parking lot dings, and walking to the store from "outer Mongolia" gives me some exercise.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 AM

A lot of "people have no respect"

There.... Fixed it for you.

Seriously though, it sounds bitter but it's fact..... There are millions out there that could care less about their own car, much less your car. They can also tell when people do care about their cars and this seems to upset them, so a door ding or shopping cart damage somehow makes them feel like they got the upper hand...... just as long as nobody catches them. The rest of them just don't give a cr@p.

(Yes people are out to get me...... )
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 AM

I had my neighbor from across the street a 5 yrs ago back into my car that was parked on the road i had a silver scrape on my black car and she had black all over her silver bumper and flat out denied it ...karma bit her in the ass 2 yrs later when she did it again to my government vehicle (parked in the same place) and my neighbor witnessed it and called the cops. Zing!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:48 AM

The second day that my wife took the HHR to work back in 05, someone somehow scraped the front edge of the drivers side rear fender (which is actually the door). I used rubbing compound on it but you can still see it if you look close.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM

5TH DAY after buying mine - Someone keyed my drivers door.
Parked way in the back of the lot, guess that bothers some people?

I have heard a few people say... whenever they see a car parked while in the back by itself they go park right next to it. Or walk out and put a handprint on it. WTF? this world is messed up

Luckily it was a light keying, and if I keep a heavy wax on there it doesn't show. But if the wax wears thin I still see it.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Find a local guy that does PDR. I'd bet he'd have it out under $50.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Years ago I ordered a new Dodge Ram pickup. The day I picked it up,I left the dealer and stopped by Walmart(2 miles away) to pick up car wash stuff. I was parked,looking over the inside of my new ride,when a car parked next to me. Next sound was a thump as that dumb*** banged their door into my new truck!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 AM

^ That would have seriously pissed me off. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has dealt with something like this though. Anyway I guess I'll do like you guys said and try to find a local guy that does PDR and see how much he would charge. I had a dent in the Alero and Intrigue as well but they were there when I got the cars so I wasn't nearly as worried about getting them taken care of. This being pretty much a brand new car to me (Alero was 8 when I got it and Intrigue was 11 HHR was only 1) and the fact that I know it wasn't there when I got it is what makes me more upset about it.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ThatChevy
^ That would have seriously pissed me off. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has dealt with something like this though. Anyway I guess I'll do like you guys said and try to find a local guy that does PDR and see how much he would charge. I had a dent in the Alero and Intrigue as well but they were there when I got the cars so I wasn't nearly as worried about getting them taken care of. This being pretty much a brand new car to me (Alero was 8 when I got it and Intrigue was 11 HHR was only 1) and the fact that I know it wasn't there when I got it is what makes me more upset about it.
Nothing makes an otherwise pristine ride look abused like miscellaneous dents in the side/ doors. It often seems like some do purposefully manage to ding others cars even when the owner tries to avoid it (like parking in the netherlands only to find a car snuggled up to the side as if it was the last spot on earth available to them). Why are some like that?

Quick Reply: Some people have no respect