General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Special Edition HHRs

Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM

HHR debuted in 2006 a little info and history

Chevrolet's HHR debuted in 2006 to much enthusiasm among entry-level car buyers, selling over 100,000 units in its first year. The attention-grabbing style continues in 2010, featuring a big chrome grille and a long, smoothly curved hood reminiscent of Chevy's 1949 Suburban. The rear tailgate is framed by two small, round taillights, making the HHR one of the most unique looking vehicle in Chevrolet's lineup.

The HHR's front wheel drive platform is borrowed from the Chevy Cobalt, yet is aimed at those looking for more style and greater cargo room than the Cobalt provides. HHRs come in either 4-door models or 2-door "Panel" models.
As in 2009, the 2010 HHR comes in three trims: the LS (base), the LT and the sporty SS. The Panel versions of the HHR come in either the LS or the LT trim. The LT base trim is also known as 1LT, while a 2LT accessory package is available, which features a premium sound system, fog lamps, steering wheel controls, chrome wheels and other accents.
The base LS and the 1LT come with a 2.2L inline 4-cylinder engine with 155 horsepower at 6100 rpm and 150 pounds-feet of torque at 4800 rpm. The 2LT comes with a 2.4L inline-4 engine, which puts out 172 horsepower at 5800 rpm and 167 pounds-feet of torque at 4500 rpm. The top-of-the-line sporty SS trim has a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with direct fuel injection, 260 horsepower at 5300 rpm and 260 pounds-feet of torque at 2000 rpm. All models are front wheel drive and come with four doors, except for the Panel trims, which come with just two doors. The standard 5-speed manual transmission can be upgraded to a 4-speed automatic on all trims.

The base LS comes with standard 16-inch wheels and many common standard features, such as cruise control, air conditioning, power doors and windows. Floor mats, luggage rack, MP3 player and remote engine start are some of the options available on the base LS.

The 1LT trim adds a power driver's seat and cargo net as standard. Available options for the 1LT include steering wheel controls, a leather wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, heated front seats and power lumbar support.

The 2LT package, which adds about $1,700 to the price, adds a sport-tuned suspension, 17-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, premium sound system, fog lamps, steering wheel controls, wireless cell phone hookup and chrome 17-inch wheels.

The sporty SS comes standard with all the 2LT features plus a rear spoiler, 18-inch forged alloy wheels and unique upholstery. The performance-oriented SS gets its power from the same 260 horsepower 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that propels the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline. In addition, the HHR SS comes with 4-wheel disc brakes, a stiffer suspension and fog lights. Inside, high-bolster seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel keep up with the performance theme.

Standard safety features on all HHRs include StabiliTrak stability control, 4-wheel ABS, a full array of airbags front and back and a tire pressure monitoring system.

For those looking to haul more goods than people, the HHR can be ordered in a Panel configuration, which deletes the rear doors, rear windows, and rear seat, allowing users to stuff 57.7 cubic feet of cargo into the vehicle.
Upgraded wheels, audio systems and a variety of comfort and luxury features are available across the model range, allowing buyers to choose their level of customization. Running boards are standard on the 2LT, optional on 1LT and LS. A sliding sunroof/moonroof is standard on the SS and optional on on LTs
Old 06-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Nice write up, only I've never seen a 2 door panel, just the 2 front doors with windows and two rear doors without windows or door handles.
I have a 2007 LS it has the Pioneer Premium sound system, no ABS, no traction control, and only the drivers and front passengers air bags.
Mine does not have the TPMS either.
I also has seen an SS panel or two, Boydie and GaryB both have blue ones.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:24 PM

Yea I saw this on a website and thought it had some good overall info, but it is true it needs some tweaking for sure. But their will be a history stickey or something like that Mike was telling me so this will fit in there somewhere, with some corrections of course. Up for the challenge oldblue?
Old 06-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Oh I'm challenged Tim, I might just have a go at it!
I have seen a two door on the site, the grey one from California it was for sale a few months ago!
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM

What model, version, year of HHR truly has four doors (plus tailgate), but no rear side window glass? Just saw one in person and Googled HHR LS and only found pictures of three of them. They must be really unique.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dfulton
What model, version, year of HHR truly has four doors (plus tailgate), but no rear side window glass? Just saw one in person and Googled HHR LS and only found pictures of three of them. They must be really unique.
That is the AA5 option.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Administrator

An old article about the AA5 option

HHR Aa5

Name:  PICT1053.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  97.8 KB

An old thread specifically for them

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/pict...ix-only-12261/
Old 06-23-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanks, Oldblue, for the response and info. The pictures were really something to view.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Administrator

I want one , but don't need two HHR's ! At least that's what Sweetie keeps telling me!
Old 06-23-2017, 09:29 AM

I should also thank Solman98 for his response to my enquiry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Special Edition HHRs