General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunvisor Airbag Decal

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Sunvisor Airbag Decal

Well I was waiting until they came in to post for a new mod, but the guy I contacted off Ebay must have thought it was a good idea also...I first saw a SSR Airbag decal cover and thought.... that would look cool if it had the outline of the HHR...Talked to the guy and he put it together with a couple of pics I had from a hat and Navyflyer11's custom cover...(Thanks Navy).....Here they are...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 PM

Neat little idea.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM

Looks nice but he could be in for some trademark issues. The outline is a GM image.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM

ummm, dont those stickers just peel off? Or is the info screenprinted on the visor itself?

Mine just peeled off on my 98 Camaro, but I don't know about the stickers they're using these days. I dont have an HHR but I will be getting one next year.
About that artwork of the HHR vehicle, sure, if GM originated that artwork, then yes it's copyright-protected. But if somebody else just drew the outline, then I should think it would be fair game.

If that is a GM original drawing, then I should think another artist could render a different version of the outline and that would not be protected, as long as it was significantly different than the original.

I dont think you can use the bowtie, though under any circumstances. Can you say "lawsuit?"
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 PM

They Will Not Peel Off Without Damage To The Visor. Nasa Glue?
Any Sign Shop Can Make These. You Can Put Any Saying Or Pic You Want On Them.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 PM

Hey Mark it looks good to me.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
They Will Not Peel Off Without Damage To The Visor. Nasa Glue?
Any Sign Shop Can Make These. You Can Put Any Saying Or Pic You Want On Them.
i hear ya. You just cant sell them on eBay is what the deal is.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:56 PM

Here's all the stuff you might need on the graphic in question. They look similar enough where there could be a copyright infringement, but that is a choice the seller must make, as he is going to be the one who could have the problems. We see the Chevrolet logo on all sorts of items and it's hard to say who has permission to use them and who doesn't. Just thought I'd present all the info in one place.

The item from eBay

Photo of the graphic in question on the hat

HERE is the place that WAS selling them.

And the thread where there was much discussion on this item is HERE.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:27 PM

I Don't Think Chevy Cares Unless Someone Else Is Getting Rich. We See Chevy Stuff Everyday. I Ain't Scared. They Can Sue Me All They Want. Can't Squees Blood Out Of A Turnip.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
I Don't Think Chevy Cares Unless Someone Else Is Getting Rich. We See Chevy Stuff Everyday. I Ain't Scared. They Can Sue Me All They Want. Can't Squees Blood Out Of A Turnip.
They care, they just don't go after everyone or even know about all who are stealing their copyrighted/trademarked material.

So why don't you just go ahead and start selling a bunch of stuff on ebay and see what happens. Most people never get caught, but the ones who do get caught are in for a load of crap!

Quick Reply: Sunvisor Airbag Decal