General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunvisor Airbag Decal

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 PM

Sunvisor sticker

If you go to www.401graphics.com/hhr it will take you to the HHR section. The sunvisor sticker is 5.5" x 3".
Old 12-14-2006, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
AND YOU HAVE A LAW DEGREE FROM WHERE? I WOULD USE A DRAWING OF A CHEVY FOR A T SHIRT OR STICKER FOR MYSELF WITHOUT ANY CONCERN CHEVY WAS GOING TO COME AFTER ME. IT'S BEEN DONE FOR CENTURYS. THE PEOPLE WHO YOU SAY " ARE IN FOR A LOAD OF CRAP" ARE THE ONES TO DUMB TO STOP IF THEY ARE CAUGHT! SORRY GUY, I JUST THINK THIS IS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. ps sorry for the all caps, no hidden meaning and i,m not mad at anybody. just a bad typist. my bad
I don't have a law degree. i just happen to own a company that deals with getting copyright permissions on a daily basis and have had to pay $1000's because of not doing by the book when we first started up. I have studied copyright law extensively because of this and have also consulted intellectual property lawyers about this.

As I said before, all is fine if you are using it for your own purposes but as soon as you start making money off of it, then you are breaking the law. If you get caught, it will cost you a lot of money if you have been selling a product that is copyrighted. trust my I have first hand experience, say 'Sorry, my bad!" doesn't cut it. Not only did our company have to pays fees for each and every item that we sold, we had to sign an agreement to allow them to audit our books at any time for 5 years.

Ours is a SMALL company and I really didn't think it would ever be an issue. But we did get caught, and it almost put us out of business and we could have lost everything we owned. Fighting it would have cost not $1000's but $100,000's. Corporations are the proverbial 1000 lb. gorillas. They WILL fight for their copyrighted material each and every time they find someone selling something without permission.

And changing it a little bit will not matter, it has to be different enough for there to be no chance of confusion.

I'm guessing that most graphics companies pay licensing fees which allow them to use copyright material, that's what we ended up having to do. They don't want much, just a little piece of the action.