General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Time Out Dolls... do you have one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Time Out Dolls... do you have one?

JS&Me have a Time Out Doll "TOD" that we take to shows and events.

anyone else have one... I'll show you mine, if you ll show me yours
Old 06-01-2008, 02:54 PM

I had to goggle that as I didn't know what this was.
(Won't say what I *thought* it might have been)
Cute dolls.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM

oK... someone peeked so I'll show

Name:  TIME OUT.jpg
Views: 2906
Size:  28.9 KB

'TOD'
Old 06-01-2008, 06:18 PM

You let that kid lean on your HHR?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM

sorry....those were cool 15 years ago...now it seems everyone and their brother has one.

I do alot of shows, and judge a pretty big one annually here locally. we ask contestant NOT to display them if they want their car's judged(people use to use them to hide paint flaws on the front/rear of their cars).

so my answer is NO...I dont have one.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
sorry....those were cool 15 years ago...now it seems everyone and their brother has one.

I do alot of shows, and judge a pretty big one annually here locally. we ask contestant NOT to display them if they want their car's judged(people use to use them to hide paint flaws on the front/rear of their cars).

HOW RUDE... do you not judge cars with DriveIN trays... I thought that car shows were supposted to fun events... unless your judging points... who cares. I've shown the #2 99.99 xj6 in the nation. put the doll back as soon a the judge cleared the car. even jag snobs got a kik out of tod. the kid love him even if according to you they are out of date... one of our club members used to kick them over just because he was a sh t head.

old cars a dime a dozen but people still come out to see them... so unless its for points... who cares
Old 06-01-2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon

Oh... and if they told me that a show... I d drive away
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM

If you don't want peoples honest opinions...then why ask the question.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:07 PM

thougt this would be a fun thred... not one that people would rain on... sorry i was wrong
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 PM

OK! I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but here it goes. In an informal car show like a show and shine or even where the public or other car owners vote for their favorites, I don't think these Time Out Kids are a problem. If you are having actual knowledgeable judges scrutinizing the cars with a known point system or rule book, then leave the TOK at home. As a person who goes to several shows a year as DJ or artist, I have seen my share of those little dolls. The informal basis of some of the shows almost require some sort of display or chotchkie near your car. A unique Wisconsin twist is of course dressing your TOK in a Brett Favre Jersey (Go Pack). We also call these Whiner kids because they look like a little kid crying. I have read in car magazine's editorial pages where the Ed. usually does not like the TOK. But like anything in this world, this fad has slowly disappeared. Don't see many of them at shows anymore. As said, I think for the casual afternoon show or cruise night, they're fine. Also, at a serious judged show, drive in trays would not be allowed. A drive in tray is actually a piece of equipment that served a real purpose on a car, albeit at the drive in restaurant.

Quick Reply: Time Out Dolls... do you have one?