General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Took deliver on new 07 HHR-BAD delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Took deliver on new 07 HHR-BAD delivery!

After waiting 8 weeks and 5 days for my new 07 HHR to arrive (2lt , silverstone), I went to take delivery this morning. I was not too happy with the dealer in the first place, during the 8 week period he never kept me informed on status, or a call to say sorry it was taking too long, nothing. I bought a new Corolla (o7, red) the same time. It took less than 30 days for deliver and I was called every week on status (being built, shipped, etc.). The Toyota delivery was excellent..car is delivered in showroom, it is under a cover, and the general manager comes out to uncover the car for you when it is time to put on the plates, they take a photo for you and put it in a frame, and one on their delivery board for the month. They give you a set of chrome coffee mugs. Full tank of gas. Just a nice experience. The Chevy delivery was AWFUL.
It rained heavily the night before, but was a beautiful morning. I arrived at the dealership at 11:00 am (per appointment) and there it was sitting, covered with beaded water, and lots of dry water spots. I received nothing, no handshake, no cups, no oil change, NOTHING. Being excited of course with the new car I was looking at the guages and such on the way home, and noticed one was staying sort of stuck (I thought it might be temp gauge and wasn't warming up yet...couldn't stop and look, too much traffic). Got home, saw it was the fuel gauge...it was as low as possible..they did not put ANY gas in it, none. None of the radio stations were preset, and the clock was 6 hours off! I called the salesman and he said, oh the new car get ready guy is not too good, if I wanted I could come back and he would give me some gas cards for $30.00 worth of gas. Ya know what I just didn't like his tone and told him, FORGET IT, he would see my dissatisfaction on the GM survey. I mean couldn't they have put some gas in, set the radio, wiped off the water and spots (it was beautiful day), or at least appologized when I pointed this all out? WOW! Off to a bad start.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Rickh....

If your story, about the HHR delivery, is absolutely true...I see no reason why you can't provide the dealer's name. Might be a good reference for other future Chev. buyers.

For that matter, even the Toyota dealers name.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 PM

I agree with Snoopy. Let others know how bad their service was and how you were treated. My dealer made sure mine was full of gas and freshly detailed while I waited, which wasn't a problem, because I just walked on the lot and didn't order it. It's obvious these people don't give a rats behind about their customers and sounds to me like the only reason they offered the gas card was so you might give them a good report on their survey. Sounds to me like somebody dropped the ball big time...and I'd be sure the General Manager of the place knew it too. But, then again I can really be a PITA when I feel I've been wronged too.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Hopefully, it won't affect how you feel about the car. I'd also be looking for a different dealer to service it too.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:00 PM

I agree with most of that, but setting the radio presets? How do they know what stations you like?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:22 PM

Cool Great Experience

Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience with the delivery of your new HHR, mine was the opposite. But then again I bought mine in a small town in Illinois where my dad is the parts manager. The HHR was my second new car purchase ever, and both have been Chevrolet. Actually, I will only buy GM products, as I am a big fan of supporting this great nation I am a citizen of.

If anyone is looking for a good dealer near Central Illinois, just let me know.

Hope the rest of your HHR experience is as good as mine has been!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:53 PM
jx3

Wow! I thought I was the only one who didn't get a properly prepped HHR. At least mine wasn't covered in dirt or water spots. Only noticed that there was less than a quarter tank of gas after I drove off. Promptly returned to point out that not only was I not given a tank of gas, but to question where my premium floor mats were. Was given a voucher to take to the gas station up the road. Salesman said to put only 87 octane in, but topped of with the premium.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:51 PM
JB1

I bought mine at Lone Star Chevy in Houston and our service was great. The filled it with gas, washed/detailed it then the salesman came outside with us to go over the car to make sure everything was okay. They then took a picture which they make a calendar and send us in the mail. They also gave us 4 chevy hats from the parts store. Lone Star chevy gives free oil changes for life plus free car washes for life when you go to get the oil changed. Lone Star Chevy is a huge dealership, they had 23 HHR's on the lot to chose from. I highly recommend Lone Star Chevy.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Rick, but personally I wouldnt have accepted the car in that condition. No offense but your complaining here more than you did at the dealership.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 PM

Rickh
I am sorry that you had such a bad HHR Delivery, I guess its a Dealership thing, I did not receive that when I purchased mind. My Salesman and General Manager did all they can to make the sale and did the same when I took the delivery of the vehicle. Mine was washed, waxed, Free tank of Fuel and only 3 free oil change and every time for the 1st year a free car wash twice a month on Wednesdays & Fridays only. No coffee Mugs. I think I did well. I do know that Toyota goes out of their way for there Toyota vehicle owners.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 PM

Mine was inside the night before and pulled out on the lot just before I arrived, Full of gas... I did have fun teaching the salesrep about the HHR...
Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 PM

Sorry to hear how the dealership was. I know mine did not act like that.

BTW we want photos

Quick Reply: Took deliver on new 07 HHR-BAD delivery!