General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Took deliver on new 07 HHR-BAD delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:32 PM

I've got you all beat. The dealer I bought mine from is my best account. I told them I would clean it (I'd do a better job anyway!). My sales lady was(is) HOT!!! She went back to my place for the night! (of course she is my wife!)
Old 09-29-2006, 10:24 PM

I have to say that each of my previous car buying experiences were not great and I've been driving for 22 years. I went online looking for a specific car, a white HHR. My local dealer was way over priced for a used one, plus the two they had weren't white. I found Everett Chevrolet in Washington which was 2 hours away from where I live in Selah WA and they saved me about 1900.00 and filled my tank and didn't try to sell me any of that extra crap, like the window etching and Gap or MRC which is way less at your local Credit Union. I know because I work at one, anyway, that was the easiest car deal I've ever made and it's a great car. I did have a few issues, the A/C issue and the rattle problem, but it was all under warranty, so it didn't cost me anything but time and my local dealer did that. I am one who has always removed the license plate advertising from the dealer. I always say that I refuse to advertise for a car dealer so that's the first thing to go when I buy a new car. I did it this time too, but I don't mind sharing the good experience I had with them.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 PM

mine was washed and waxed and full of gas and a 20% off cetificate for any options from the parts guy used it on the floor mats,did notice when i got it home it had a big scratch in the hood from waxin or somthin but fired up the buffer and it came right out, they put a woody kit on it for me and called me like every 2 days to let me know what was goin on!! all in all i was pleased!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:01 AM

Having a dealer set up Radio station presets is a first for me. They never did that for me.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:25 PM

Mine was fully gassed up, waxed and they applied a very nice looking pinstripe with a small chevy bowtie that really sets the car off and breaks up all the dark silver. I also got a Chevy Sweatshirt and oil change
Old 09-30-2006, 02:14 PM
JB1

Originally Posted by tomdent1
I've got you all beat. The dealer I bought mine from is my best account. I told them I would clean it (I'd do a better job anyway!). My sales lady was(is) HOT!!! She went back to my place for the night! (of course she is my wife!)
I dunno...I bought a 2LT with every option for my wife (she went home with me too that night) and she was/is very happy with the HHR....I dont think I could do wrong for months, I got a whole stack of get out of jail free cards (monopoly...get it) if you know what I mean
Old 09-30-2006, 05:41 PM

Additional info on my bad delivery

Was interesting to read all the posts, and I thought I should clarify some and then add the latest information.
--to those who thought I may be complaining here and not to the dealer, I was not trying to complain here, I was only trying to share my experience which I thought what forums were all about
--about the presets which some seemed concerned about. My mother worked at this dealership for around 35 years and then retired. We therefore know the family (original dealer who passed on and left dealership to the son, and the Toyota portion of the dealership to the daughterinlaw). I, for summers during college and high school used to work at the dealership in parts and in new car prep. We ALWAYS were instructed to set the presets to some/any station, so that when the button was pushed it went to a station, not just noise. My mother drove demonstrators for the 35 years of service (she was the office manager)..they always had the presets set. I have taken personal delivery on over 14 new cars "in my time" and they ALL had the radio presets selected (they were mostly chevys, then pontiacs, toyota). So to those who never heard of such a thing, I don't know what to tell ya.
--Since my INFORMATIONAL post on here, I subsequently sent an email to the dealers (friends). The next day I received a phone call
---they were appalled at the delivery process and the entire time it took
to get the car without communication to me
---they had just completed a 2 hour meeting with all the managers and something like this will never happen again
---they were of course apologetic
---they are sending me $100.00 for my troubles
Old 10-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Thinking maybe it had something to do with telling them they were getting a bad grade on their survey? My dealer was very interested in my survey, which I never received nor filled out and returned. My experience was very pleasant and they filled it up and even gave me a gas card($200.00), even washed and cleaned my HHR on a very rainy day, and brought it inside for me to inspect before I took delivery of it.
It does seem to me lately that some dealers think they are doing you a favor by selling you a vehicle. I have walked away from more than one dealership because of their attitude when attempting to buy a vehicle. I left the lot on one deal because the dealer wouldn't put an inspection sticker on a new van I was buying that day, wanted me to bring it back, I lived 40 miles away, but more than that, the Police are real bad about writing tickets on no Inspection stickers in this State.
The response by Chevrolet on the paint chips (here) is evidence that maybe GM doesn't really care if you buy a vehicle or not. I got the reply once from Chevrolet, maybe you need to buy a less expensive car. I thought Chevrolet was the lower priced car in GM's line up. I also got a response from GMC on the phone about a particular vehicle my company was having a problem with, "Guess we will mark you down as a dissatified customer". The company has went with Fords since. Then they want to know why Toyota and Nissan are starting to out sell US cars. Wake up America.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:40 AM

radio pre sets

Originally Posted by Interested
I agree with most of that, but setting the radio presets? How do they know what stations you like?
the dealers are supose to do this as part of the new car inspection. by pre setting stations they are sure the set fuctions work and there are no harsh crackling noises when a custormer turns the radio on.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 AM

Sorry for the bad experience. I've never bought a new car. I've never before been to this dealer nor met or known this saleswoman, but Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa did a great job. Annette the saleswoman was excellent. She didn't know all the details of the HHR. But she tried and she researched. I found the car via the internet and it was on the dealers web site, though they hadn't at that time taken delivery. Felt I got a fair price, though I know some here have done better. Got a tank of gas, wash & wax. The car was stunning when we picked it up. Still is. Hope to keep it that way.

Dealer had a BBQ the next month for all those who bought the previous month where they introduced the General Manager, the Service Manager, the Service Writers, the Parts Manager & staff; just about everyone you might deal with in followup visits. Very nice. General Mgr made noise about how he understood that we (customers) really don't want to be on a first name basis with the Service Writer, let alone the Service Manager. So all-in-all, It was good. We'll see when service time comes. Good front end does not always equal good back end. but we hope they are at least equal.

Quick Reply: Took deliver on new 07 HHR-BAD delivery!