General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

upset

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:55 AM

It seems a lot of you want the HHR for a different reason other than it looks great. Great gas milledge. Customizes easy and great buy for the bucks. I am sticking with my HHR.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:50 AM

Totally agree with Holmes, the HHR to me is a car that has a lot of personality to it. I fell in love with the vehicle at 1st site and knew I had to have one. It was not designed to be a high performance vehicle and it beats driving any other family sedan.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned

Yeah but it sucks that I could be spanked by a Civic. GM needs to offer something for the people who actually care about performance. Even the 2.4 has less than 200 HP. It seems like all of the auto manufacturers are bumping up HP and going back to RWD except for Chevy.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:09 AM

I previously had a 2003 PT with Turbo and I can say that the turbo is the way to go. The PT would easily burn rubber from a stop and was quite fast, yet the engine was the same 2.4L as my HHR. The engine had a deeper growl. (The PT gas mileage was around 20 mpg in mostly 2-lane country driving vs. 25 mpg for the HHR - same driving).

So while the improved gas mileage helped, my main reasons for buying the HHR were the "look", a better and more confortable ride, and more usable space behind the back seats. I never once regretted trading for the HHR, as IMO, the HHR is a much better car overall. I have a 2LT model - loaded.

That being said, as soon as GM comes out with a turbo on the HHR, I will be trading up quickly. Once a turbo (or supercharger or V-6) is available in the HHR, the interest will pick up quickly. The $3 per gallon fuel cost might put a damper on some of the interest in power though.

Fritz45
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 AM

Like was said by SoCal, we got first year rods, so we wait...The Caliber is Chrysler taking a risk, having taken the time and capital to develope hop-up goodies on the front side. I am sure the toys will come for the HHR, plus the HHR is still too cool to even be characterized with the Caliber. My views may be skewed because I have always been about the styling and not the speed...I go slow to make the jealous look and yearn...hahaha
Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 AM

Chevy has sold a mess of HHR's, the aftermarket will catch up soon. IMO
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 AM

I agree Rick. I traded my PT for the HHR. I looooove the looks. I can live with the lack of power and the good mpg. On the same day I bought the HHR, my son bought a Tahoe. Last fill up I got 29 mpg, he got 13 mpg. I love this car.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

Now days the aftermarket comes at the same time if it's going to have aftermarket support. The Mustang and Magnum are good examples of this. Look at the new Mustang. Everything was out for that car at launch, body kits, turbos, superchargers, suspension, you name it and it was already there. Ford made sure to provide it's top aftermarket companies CAD drawings and whatever they needed to produce parts. I am starting to think there isn't going to be much aftermarket support for our vehicle. Let's face it, it's a good looking little econobox with a tiny engine and crappy FWD. Thank god I have my Malibu so I actually have a powerful car. The HHR has been on the market for almost a year now and we don't even have a CAI for our vehicle.

Last edited by captain howdy; 04-13-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by cjnappo
2008 camaro i think is going to be my next car
im keeping my hrr till they come out aswell unless gas is just beyond belief by then
Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 AM

i think the parts will come but they will be from independent mfg.'s not big time parts people. ive seen several cai's but they will be slow to be produced because its small shops thats making them

Quick Reply: upset