General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Use the search engine it works

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 PM

Use the search engine it works

My 86 year old neighbor lady has a nice 2007 HHR . She told me her key was stuck in the ignition and wouldn't come out. I went out and did the usual - Jiggled the shifter and the steering wheel. Nothing worked.

Also found out the battery went dead because the key was stuck in the "on" position. Sometimes key would come out sometimes not. Someone told her a bad battery would do that so she bought a new battery. Did not work - Key would still get stuck in "on" position.

I charged the battery a couple of different times but the battery was the original 2007 and wouldn't hold a charge very long with the key stuck on.

Finally I came to the Forum and typed "Key stuck in ignition" in the Search Engine and looked through the messages. Found one that showed how to get the key out by way of the place just below the steering wheel I showed the ladies daughter and now at least they can keep the battery from going dead.

I told her to take it to her GM dealer. If it is the ignition they may replace it free.

Boydie

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Deceased

I you weren't in Michigan Boydie, I'd give you a hug buddy!

After all the tinkering with the Search function, and being grumped at for "nagging folks about using it", it's great to hear that you found what you needed and got your neighbor fixed up.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM

/\That is just a paid for commercial /\

Wait,

wait,

it is coming....

Ah geez can't wait all day
I might as well just do it.

Or you could have just read you manual

I feel better now
Old 10-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boydie

My 86 year old neighbor lady has a nice 2007 HHR . She told me her key was stuck in the ignition and wouldn't come out. I went out and did the usual - Jiggled the shifter and the steering wheel. Nothing worked.

Also found out the battery went dead because the key was stuck in the "on" position. Sometimes key would come out sometimes not. Someone told her a bad battery would do that so she bought a new battery. Did not work - Key would still get stuck in "on" position.

I charged the battery a couple of different times but the battery was the original 2007 and wouldn't hold a charge very long with the key stuck on.

Finally I came to the Forum and typed "Key stuck in ignition" in the Search Engine and looked through the messages. Found one that showed how to get the key out by way of the place just below the steering wheel I showed the ladies daughter and now at least they can keep the battery from going dead.

I told her to take it to her GM dealer. If it is the ignition they may replace it free.

Boydie

Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Yeah

Yeah, I am one of those guys who doesn't read manuals like my TV manual and wonder why I can't get it to work correctly. :bla b:

Boydie

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
/\That is just a paid for commercial /\

Or you could have just read you manual

I feel better now