General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

V8 HHR Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 AM

Wait till it's done and you are cruising..you will have to reserve time for Q&A sessions, I know first-hand. How did the wiring go?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by shouldahadaV8
How did the wiring go?
The wiring begins next week. That's why i
I brought it home. The exhaust system is 100% complete.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:27 AM
Premium Member

That custom rear bumper looks just awesome!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by lasater
So I load the V8 Panel on the trailer this morning to bring it home. I stopped for gas and a guy walks over and crouches down behind the trailer looking up under the rear of the car. He asks me "Is this what I think it is?" I spent the next 15 minutes showing him the car. He really liked it.

On the hour drive home I was just cruising along in the right lane and I noticed in my side view mirror not 1, not 2, but 3 different guys hanging their phones out their windows taking pictures of the rear of the car. Then the big thumbs up as they passed.

I was really quite surprised at the whole thing.
I have been following this build since day one and all I can say is WOW one fantastic job ! :) My question is how many feet will the rear tires last ? LOL You are a artist and I hope you post a video
at track time :)
Old 02-14-2016, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Radco
I hope you post a video
at track time :)
I have tried to document every little part of this build. In some cases I think I have posted trivial things that bore you guys. Never the less, I will continue to document the build.

As far as a video of the car running, Oh, I got big plans for that. I hope it will be spectacular........"
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member

I have tried to document every little part of this build. In some cases I think I have posted trivial things that bore you guys. Never the less, I will continue to document the build.

As far as a video of the car running, Oh, I got big plans for that. I hope it will be spectacular........"
Boring ? No way. The real gearheads (I'm one) that follow this thread like to see every little detail and update.

As far as videos. I'm hoping for a Nascar style winners burnout video!!!
Maybe after the project is complete and all the shakedowns are done. Throw on a set of old rubber and smoke 'em down !
Would make for a great video or even some pictures.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:51 PM

Never boring!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:16 PM

Surely you jest! There has never been a dull moment. Except for those times when You haven't posted something and you left us hungry for more.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Ditto - what they said - heck I'd drool over the documentation on how you cleaned a window.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Yep, we all live vicariously our hot rod lives through you and your build!! Cliff keep on posting up your updates!!
I'm still waiting to see the fibreglass running boards!

Quick Reply: V8 HHR Build