General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Velocity Yellow HHR is AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member

Velocity Yellow HHR is AVAILABLE

I was talking with my dealer guy (Commercial Fleet Manager and son of one of the dealership owners) today and found out something really interesting.....

All GM models can be ordered with non standand colors. For example, if you wanted a Velocity Yellow HHR it can be ordered for an over ride price of about $150. BUT, you would need to order 5 HHR's OR place an order for a yellow and when the TOTAL national order gets to 5, GM will build them (that may prove nebulous).

This was discovered because he had 5 Granite 2008 Corvettes in the "sold" pen and I inquired about them....since it's a non-standard color for Corvette (and EXTREMELY nice looking, I might add). It seems an entire family ordered new Corvettes for a total of 34 and 5 were the non-standard color. He apologized because he could not reveal the name of the family (I do have a couple of guesses) or give the other circumstances.

Other than the quantity requirement, the only other caveats are....it must be a GM color, and GM has to approve the color for the specific model/line of vehicle.

So, get your orders in !!!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:33 PM

Cool There you go MOTRV8D!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM

well now that does sound interesting, since im the guy who's so into yellow... but im not ready to order one yet, but will this spring. You know, it's the tax return thing plus i need to save a few more nickels.

In the meantime, how many ppl on here want to place an order for a Velocity Yellow HHR? im assuming it doesn't have to be an SS, it can be an LT or LS.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Sounds like a call for a "Group Buy"!!

TomR
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

If we try to get a group buy together does GM have to be a supporting vendor first?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
If we try to get a group buy together does GM have to be a supporting vendor first?
haha no comment buy very funny LMAO!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:24 PM

well there's always a chance that there might be a yellow spring edition. i emailed GM with that request here while back but no one ever confirmed they would do it.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 PM

Wow, any GM color? That opens up a whole new world of possibilities. For those who are willing to wait that is.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I was talking with my dealer guy (Commercial Fleet Manager and son of one of the dealership owners) today and found out something really interesting.....

All GM models can be ordered with non standand colors. For example, if you wanted a Velocity Yellow HHR it can be ordered for an over ride price of about $150. BUT, you would need to order 5 HHR's OR place an order for a yellow and when the TOTAL national order gets to 5, GM will build them (that may prove nebulous).

This was discovered because he had 5 Granite 2008 Corvettes in the "sold" pen and I inquired about them....since it's a non-standard color for Corvette (and EXTREMELY nice looking, I might add). It seems an entire family ordered new Corvettes for a total of 34 and 5 were the non-standard color. He apologized because he could not reveal the name of the family (I do have a couple of guesses) or give the other circumstances.

Other than the quantity requirement, the only other caveats are....it must be a GM color, and GM has to approve the color for the specific model/line of vehicle.

So, get your orders in !!!!!!

WOW, Maybe I could order a Golden Teal Metallic in SS trim and turn our '07 LT2 over to the wife!
I'm dreamin............
Old 01-23-2008, 10:47 AM

SS in Cadillac Pearl White

Quick Reply: Velocity Yellow HHR is AVAILABLE