General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What the ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Cool What the ...

This is the second time that something has broke on my HHR and the second time it will take a week to get the part. Has GM forgotten about ups, fed ex, ect. This time the mechanism that allows you to shift from park malfunctioned. While driving today I noticed the button on my shifter was stuck in the "in" position. I dismissed it as an obstruction until I went to turn the key off. The key would not turn completely off. The car acted as though it were still in gear, so I decided to investigate. After toying with it for about 10 min I decided it was not an obstruction rather an issue for my dealer, who buy the way no longer exists. I go to the nearest dealer and they tell me it's broke and it will be a week. There is a silver lining however. On the bottm of the steering colunm there is a small cover that can be removed. It's about 1" by 1". Inside you will find a tiny white button, depress it and the key is now able to be swithched fully off and removed.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:44 PM
jx3

Please see the following thread...........

ignition jamming
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM

Thanx jx3. Guess I could have performed a search first. With the caliber of people on this site I should have known it woul be covered.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:52 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by KNEZRYD
Thanx jx3. Guess I could have performed a search first. With the caliber of people on this site I should have known it woul be covered.
Just paying forward the favor!!