General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 04:16 PM

Martins is brand. Clear lens. Ebay. Replacement for original GM part #.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Yes, Cat Man she tried both and got a better deal on the Terrain.
Also today the oil life light came on, so a pit stop with Dan , we changed the oil filter and the oil , and replaced the crank shaft balancer seal.
the one in there was slinging oil out at anything over 2,500 rpm.
This resulted in oil consumption of a quart a week.

You lost me on this. Which car are we talking about ?
Old 02-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
Blue
The Terrain is the same as the Equinox.
I know it's not me buying it but I like the grill on the Equinox better.
Also like the Sunburst orange.

Sweetie was looking at the Equinox and Terrain and Subaru, Kia , Jaguar, Land Rover and a Toyota.
Sweetie choose the Terrain
Old 02-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Administrator

I got a picture of my view of the wife’s new ride.

Steering wheel and controls

Looking up thru huge panoramic sunroof

The HAVC , shift buttons and infotainment centre
Old 02-16-2019, 03:07 PM

Took it out for a high speed run

Sorry for the bird, never saw him or her but did hear the thud.. I was blowing the cob webs out of it since I only drove it 3 hundred miles total from last year.. Getting ready to start a new thread as to why I was doing so...
In the past a code P0234 was set, common enough from what I read and I was able to blow the carbon out of the system and it would be OK from then on but it seems the more the HHR SS sits the more prone to this code becomes until finally it was accompanied by a P2261 which had me "Assume'' the mechanical linkage was sticking due to rust or carbon.

Next step was to remove the Turbo Heat Shield and have a look at things where to my surprise after removing the adjusting nut furthest to the end of the threaded rod, the waste gate lever was free, I moved it back and forth for a full range open and closed.

The reference nut setting was probably disturbed in the process but keep in mind the 2 fault codes were set prior to me ''Investigating'' the cause of the problem which the P0234 came and went for the last 3 years or so only now with the already mentioned P2261.

What I seek is a procedure to set the proper adjustment as I have already read it is advised to do a turn at a time however if anyone has a measurement from the end of the threaded rod to the closest nut I'd love to have it so I at least have a starting point to being adjustments either way depending on the Boost readings..

Things already done: I purchased and installed a BOV that vents to outside, a forge unit and have the lower boost spring in it, that enabled a rider with me to hear a frequent vent of pressure even with no boost showing on the gauge, something I was not able to hear [50% deaf in one ear and 60% deaf in the other] so with that said I would like some suggestions from the usual main contributors and or anyone on this website since I need to get this vehicle inspected and it won't pass with a fault code in it regardless of the nature of it..

93 Octane Sunoco fuel has been run through it and Seafoam added each winter during it's hibernation as was the case this year and a new battery installed a few months ago, the car was run today 125 miles and at all speeds as well as the 300 plus from last February... That is about all I can put out there as information goes toward suggestions etc except that if someone is missing a Sparrow I have some bad news for them...

Last edited by Wheatgerm; 02-16-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Correct misspelled words and add to responders asked for.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Poor birdy, he was mesmerized by the gloss black paint!
Old 02-17-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Poor birdy, he was mesmerized by the gloss black paint!
He was just trying to get a ''Bird's Eye'' view of things, I just looked outside with a flash light and he's still there looking through the grille. I guess he'll fly off at sunrise, that is if he's an ''Early Bird''...
Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Wheatgerm
He was just trying to get a ''Bird's Eye'' view of things, I just looked outside with a flash light and he's still there looking through the grille. I guess he'll fly off at sunrise, that is if he's an ''Early Bird''...
I guess you know what the last thing on his mind was?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:49 AM
Administrator

His butt?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by J W Davis
I guess you know what the last thing on his mind was?
I'm thinking it was that black bar because he was stuck to it this morning, had to high pressure wash his carcass off, the side we can't see was all opened up and coagulated between the heat and drying process after the fact...

If it isn't the right answer I'd be interested in the ''Straight Man'' side of this question, ''No, what was the last thing on his mind"??

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?