General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tokin
Id bet id have to pay return shipping, $215. Its on the passenger side back seat. I need to get this installed this weekend, I really dont want to wait longer. Ill contact them tomorrow morning and see what they will do for me.
you paid that in shipping? hell, that's almost as much as the carpet itself... that looks like a GM box, did you get it from a dealer, or online?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
you paid that in shipping? hell, that's almost as much as the carpet itself... that looks like a GM box, did you get it from a dealer, or online?
Dealer, Flow Chevrolet in North Carolina aka GMPartsDirect.com . Yeah because of its size it has to ship fedx freight only. My total for the carpet to my door was $492.92.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:33 AM

And there is no aftermarket option available, its nos or nothing for the HHR carpet.
Im believing whats left are factory take outs that didn't pass qc during assembly. This may be as good as it gets, its been many years since they have been manufactured. I can repair that spot rather easily and the others are mainly out of sight.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:10 AM

And there is no aftermarket option available, its nos or nothing for the HHR carpet.
Im believing whats left are factory take outs that didn't pass qc during assembly. This may be as good as it gets, its been many years since they have been manufactured. I can repair that spot rather easily and the others are mainly out of sight.
I pulled the # for my HHR (grey interior also) it's still an active part #, so a dealer should have been able to special order it for you (therefore no shipping), list price is $426, unless you could find a dealer that had old stock and was willing to make you deal

that's what I did with my all-weather cargo mat, it's a discontinued part, but I had my buddy run it on the locator (which I sadly don't have access to anymore) and called a dealer up north that had old stock on it, he gave it to me for a little above cost just to get it out of his inventory
Old 09-01-2019, 11:35 AM

The dealers here are rotten so I wont do business with them. $426, tax and the hassle of driving into Tampa is close ti what I paid to my door so im not upset with the price, just the quality. I believe the dealers here would be getting the same carpet from the same GM dealers that stock them now so im not sure the quality would be any different. I dont believe these carpets are still in production. Id be interested to know though.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Administrator

I ordered a new AC Delco EVAP canister purge valve last week from RockAuto, it arrived on Friday, so today, I slide underneath BlackSwan’s rear bumper and changed it out . The old one was heavier then the new one , I’m not sure why, but it’s changed and now to test that out .
Now that pesky P0455 code has not been back in a week, but I’ve been driving Oldblue mostly.
It’s weird being able to get that far under the car without a jack or jack stands.
Sweetie gets her hip surgery staples removed later this week, I’ll not be able to test it, because, it’s going in for both bumpers repaired and resprayed.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I ordered a new AC Delco EVAP canister purge valve last week from RockAuto, it arrived on Friday, so today, I slide underneath BlackSwan’s rear bumper and changed it out . The old one was heavier then the new one , I’m not sure why, but it’s changed and now to test that out .
Now that pesky P0455 code has not been back in a week, but I’ve been driving Oldblue mostly.
It’s weird being able to get that far under the car without a jack or jack stands.
Sweetie gets her hip surgery staples removed later this week, I’ll not be able to test it, because, it’s going in for both bumpers repaired and resprayed.
Smells like I should pick up a scanner maybe? Any decent cheap units or good used ones to look for?
Old 09-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Smells like I should pick up a scanner maybe? Any decent cheap units or good used ones to look for?
Either a quality scanner or get one of the phone apps and wireless dongle for it. I use the Torque App ($4.99 at the time) and the wireless dongle ($12).
It's basic but I can read the general codes and clear them if needed
Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 PM

I got an BlueTooth Elmscan 327 on Amazon for I think $11 and use Torque to read the results, reset codes, etc. There are a bunch that are probably the same with a different label for about that price that look identical to this (except the label):
Old 09-03-2019, 11:42 AM

My wife and I took a short road trip from Houston to Onalaska, TX last weekend to do a little fishing. I do love the space in the HHR, cooler, fishing rods, clothes, etc. and room to spare.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?