General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Well , I got out there after lunch , pulled off the wheel with the bad sensor, the RF , I used the weight of the car and the brake rotor to press slowly down on the sidewall of the tire to break the bead.
I then used small pry bars to push the sidewall down enough to get at the sensor, then put a short piece of 2x4 in between the bead and the wheel lip.
as I looked to see if I had enough clearance, I noticed something strange, the head of the sensor was broken and the electronic part was completely missing, nothing rattling inside the tire, so I managed to snap off the valve stem then pull the remaining piece up through the valve stem hole in the rim, a squirt of Dawn and water helped.

I made sure the hole was clean, soaped the new sensor stem slid it into position and gently pulled up to seat the valve stem in the hole.
I removed the 2 X 4 blocks and inflated the tire until the bead sealed and then adjusted pressure.

I did the sensor relearn and that was that! Pretty easy.

oh, when I put the sensor into position, I used my long needle nosed pliers, to ensure I wouldn’t get injured, if those blocks of wood slipped and the tire pinched my fingers.

Seeeties results are very good, her incision is healing normally now, no need to worry about a 3rd procedure.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

Amen to Sweeties report.
Found out today that I have to go get an Angiogram.
The price we pay for getting older than yesterday.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Scag!

Those are some real heavy-duty mowers (along with Exmark).

My son is director of operations at a large landscape company and Scag is the brand they use.

Steve
Steve- Yes they are, made in USA. & the 5 year warranty on my model is a plus also. You son sounds like he has a really good position. Cool Beans.

Around here the county crews & some lawn service guys only use Scag. Mine will be here Thursday, afternoon. I will still have the same Big V-2 Kawasaki engine.

My current zero turn for the last 7 years is a Toro, which Exmark is part of the parent company. Great mower as well, I just wanted to up-grade a bit..

So for an unknown time I will have 2 Z's in the garage, with 2 vehicles & 2 harleys, push mower & Tiller, etc, etc.. I plan to sell off my Toro, it still looks new. I wax my stuff end of each season after complete service & clean ups.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Today, it’s clean and preen day! Our niece sold her Dodge Journey and her father in law gave her his old truck, a 2009 GMC Sierra extended cab . So, I have the fun job of interior shampoo, I’ll let her clean the engine bay , thankfully I stopped from hitting it with a pressure washer!

The truck, cleaned by me ! Inside and outside.

I washer the BlackSwan last night, so windows will be cleaned this morning and interior shampoo too!

The terrain is spotless so, I dusted it off checked the tires pressure and parked it away in the garage.

I might even get our lawn cut today. 27 year old 21 “ John Deere 5 HP push mower! We have a small 1/2 acre property that is mostly driveway and gardens out front and gardens out back.

Last edited by Oldblue; 05-19-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:19 PM

got a nice big crack in my windshield

I've had 3 little chips in it for awhile now, and the guy that does our fleet glass was going to fix it for me this week, and then this morning, bam, huge rock hit in the corner, and when I went to leave at the end of the day it had turned into a big crack

I'm just going to ride with it like it is, there's so much construction going on, it's just going to keep getting hit

but I did order 2 new tires... probably have those put on this weekend

I've been spending some time/money/effort on my 78 recently, so the HHR is taking a backseat
Old 05-19-2021, 08:07 PM

Bought it. 2008 2LT with 124,000 miles.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by i007spectre
Bought it. 2008 2LT with 124,000 miles.
Congrats & Welcome !!
Old 05-20-2021, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Nice ! We will need photos!!

Today, it’s Oldblue ( me not the HHR ) relax day! No car stuff, no basement work, no lawn mowing, or gardening.
no meetings, zoom or otherwise.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:45 AM

Morning all. Taking a ride to Lowes with the HHR and then off to give it a bath ! My HHR is now 2 tone green and blue :O After a bath to get all the pollen off it will be All blue again lol .
If the Black Flies are not too bad I will vacuum and wash the floor carpet. Then do my truck as well ! But then again I may just goof off all day lol
Got the bird feeder up and the Hummingbird feeders up yesterday ! It did not take the birds long to find the free lunch wagon :) And yes I'm old and does not take much to entertain me lol
Have a good day
Old 05-20-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Steve- Yes they are, made in USA. & the 5 year warranty on my model is a plus also. You son sounds like he has a really good position. Cool Beans.

Around here the county crews & some lawn service guys only use Scag. Mine will be here Thursday, afternoon. I will still have the same Big V-2 Kawasaki engine.

My current zero turn for the last 7 years is a Toro, which Exmark is part of the parent company. Great mower as well, I just wanted to up-grade a bit..

So for an unknown time I will have 2 Z's in the garage, with 2 vehicles & 2 harleys, push mower & Tiller, etc, etc.. I plan to sell off my Toro, it still looks new. I wax my stuff end of each season after complete service & clean ups.
Up until 3 years ago I had a Cub Cadet regular lawn tractor with mower deck. Three years ago I bought a Toro zero-turn with fabricated deck and the Kawasaki Engine. I would never go back to a regular riding mower after having a zero turn, they are so much faster and maneuverable. Hope the Toro lasts as I have found Toro items in the past to be very durable. Still have a 1982 Toro snowblower that still starts on the first pull.

Steve

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?