General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 12:27 AM
geg

Originally Posted by RedRydr
Thank You for the tour of your interesting city and your invitation. My wife's grandparents were immigrants from the southern Ukraine during the Revolution. The only thing that would make your pictures better is to see a photo of an HHR in your city.

I am fascinated by other cultures and other places, whether someplace in the world or in the USA. I enjoy the pride that residents take in their local habitat and the residents' enthusiasm they display when showing me the local places of interest. I am not impressed with the local political trappings, but with the enthusiasm and pride of the inhabitants, whether it be a large city in the Ukraine or a small community in middle America. And GEG when I visit you in your city, forget the vodka, I want Piroshki! lots of piroshki and shishliki. NA ZDOROVIE !
any Piroshki at your disposal:
with chicken or salmon, with onions and eggs,
apple puffs and lingonberry puffs, cherry or apricot Piroshki,
kulebyakas with cabbage, Siberian potato shangas,
as well as Blinchiki (pancakes) sweet or with meat filling, with red caviar, with cheese, etc.
of course Pelmeni (dumplings).

As for the HHR in our city - I'm sorry, but there is only one such car in Yekaterinburg. And he's mine.
This was not officially supplied to Russia, only enthusiasts imported the HHR on their own.
I overpaid by half, now the protective duties are even higher.

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Very nice. I has looking for places in the YouTube though, in minutes and seconds, where the gaffs to which you referred occurred. Sorry I was not more clear. Feel free to reply privately, as this thread never never allows off-topic discussion.
Geographic coordinates of Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
Latitude: 56 ° 51′06 ″ N
Longitude: 60 ° 36′43 ″ E
Elevation: 255 m

Old 12-14-2021, 04:41 PM

ZZP Sway Bar

Put on a ZZP rear sway bar. Outside of maybe the coin holder, can't think of anything easier I've added, not including time to roll it up on the ramp. Only issue is you will need to enlarge the rear mounting hole with a step drill bit but the metal was easy to cut through with the bit. Just wish it wasn't so flashy red.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Administrator

You could paint it black, I had to paint my TTR rear swaybar after 5 years the powder coating chipped off , So it’s black now, I cleaned it down to bare steel then Eastwood rust encapsulator, two coated of primer , then black Rhino truck bed liner spray .

Today we had an oncologist appointment this morning, then after our pharmacy couldn’t fill the chemotherapy pill prescription, we had another trip to the same hospital to their pharmacy to pick up the pills.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You could paint it black, I had to paint my TTR rear swaybar after 5 years the powder coating chipped off , So it’s black now, I cleaned it down to bare steel then Eastwood rust encapsulator, two coated of primer , then black Rhino truck bed liner spray .
I may just do that in spring or summer, along with addressing some of the rusty areas. For now, it will do. Who knows, by then I may spring for a upper level HHR. That’s why everything I’m doing can easy be swapped out.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Put on a ZZP rear sway bar. Outside of maybe the coin holder, can't think of anything easier I've added, not including time to roll it up on the ramp. Only issue is you will need to enlarge the rear mounting hole with a step drill bit but the metal was easy to cut through with the bit. Just wish it wasn't so flashy red.

Interesting that ZZP bar doesn't really tuck up into the rear beam, like the TTR does..
Old 12-14-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Interesting that ZZP bar doesn't really tuck up into the rear beam, like the TTR does..
Yup, noticed that, plus it’s a bit thicker at 1.28” (32.5mm). I wanted to go with site sponsor TTR but there’s are on back order plus ZZP is local (Michigan) so I figured I’d give them a try. Got it in two days.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Cool, I read they are a great bar !! Should feel a big difference. When I added the TTR, I also dropped the rear on cobalt SS/TC springs. Night & day diff. That was about 11 years ago.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Cool, I read they are a great bar !! Should feel a big difference. When I added the TTR, I also dropped the rear on cobalt SS/TC springs. Night & day diff. That was about 11 years ago.
After driving it a bit, you can definitely feel a difference but to be honest, I think my HHR with the aftermarket KYB shocks handled pretty well without it. I think if I had bigger tires and lowering springs it would be an even bigger difference with the new bar but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. I do find myself pushing the 2.2 a bit more on freeway ramps.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:35 PM

I noticed the rear swaybar mostly in side wind situations. The HHR was much more stable. When I added mine I also put in leveling springs (Just dropped the rear.) at the same time.

Now that I've lowered mine all around it's like a go-cart...
Old 12-15-2021, 06:12 PM
Administrator

After I dropped Sweetie off for her chemotherapy, I drove off to visit with the_schmoo, and assist with changing out the passenger side lca in his wife’s 2007 LS , the ball joint pinch bolt wasn’t cooperating and neither was the ball joint stub.
But we got it apart and started the bolts to put the lca back in, he will finish that later, I had to get back to the hospital to pick up Sweetie.
She’s feeling a little bit strange but so far so good.
It’s strange that no support person is allowed to sit with her. Ah, Covid!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?