General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Customizing the Cobalt steering wheel.

Now I just need to finish rewiring the DIC buttons (thaks to fastsuv) and install
Old 12-31-2021, 12:32 PM

Chipped the Ice off the windows and snow off the HHR and truck > But will use it tomorrow to return my son's dog , They should be back home today
Old 12-31-2021, 12:46 PM

got pissed for a split second, cut open the box to see a packing slip that said Silverado headlights... but all is well, they're HHR

now I gotta debate whether I want to go light or dark smoke tint...

​​​​​​​
Old 12-31-2021, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Nice headlights! I like the clear corner!

Today we rode out in the country for a walk, then back home for lunch and nap time!
Gee it’s New Years Eve, I might stay up past the 10 o’clock newscast, probably not.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:52 PM
Premium Member

Made the brackets for the DIC buttons reloation.

Going to remove rear widow wiper switch (I removed the wiper and motor 4 years ago) and mount this in its place.
I also made 1 for behind the panel and will use the button retainers to hold it in place.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:09 AM
Premium Member

Drove the HHR to Costco (Thursday, not today) and on the way back it started humming. I'm guessing the front passenger side hub has chosen that moment to let me know it needs replacement.

Fortunately there is an excellent thread on the topic. Now I just need to take a ride with someone riding shotgun to confirm which side, and front or rear.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Radco
LOL No garage at my place yet . But do have a couple garages at some friends . But not heated ..!
Just trying to figure out what speakers I want ! 3 way or basic 2 way ! The prices are close .
I do not listen to a lot of music so super high end is not needed, Even if I ever change the head unit on my HHR or truck !
Between the help here and the links I was given here plus You Tube install look pretty easy , and I have the trim tools as well :)

Great advice we get here
3-ways are a gimmick IMO. Unless you're talking active 3 way with a full range driver...just stick with a 2 way coaxial or for better sound quality, find a component set with a separate tweeter to swap in the factory location. I had tried a Kenwood and pioneer set that both included brackets that made it easy to install in the factory location.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

Got my tv set up finally. Wish these had flat rear panels that we could use for storage.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Matz, change both front hubs, if one is done the other will fail very so.

Today, we took a drive, checked on the house, went to the cemetery and then just drove home. Very quiet, comfortable ride!
I tested the key on to let the fuel pump prime, then start, no cold noise, there day anyways, I’ll test again when it’s colder.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:41 PM

To determine if it's the rear or front hubs, while going at the speed where you hear the hum, cut the wheel (when safe to do so obviously) a little to the left and then to the right. If it's a front hub, one direction will make the noise louder, while the other will make it quieter. A rear hub will sound the same for either direction. This test has always worked for me.

Since I'm stuck at home, I worked on our 2006 Pontiac Montana minivan.

Replaced both front rotors and pads (around here rotors never wear out, they rust out first).

Replaced EVAP vent solenoid.

Replaced sway bar end links and bushings.

Replaced wiring harness to left front ABS sensor (trying to fix an intermittent ABS/Stability system problem).

Next is to replace the rear shocks. This van is equipped with a built-in air compressor to inflate tires, etc. It also has a load-leveling system with rear air shocks. The shocks are leaking. The ride height sensor broke (arm broke off physically) and needs to be replaced. A new ride height sensor is almost $200 (Rock Auto is cheapest) and two new air shocks are around $140 for the pair (Rock Auto). The total would be about $350. Or I could just replace the air shocks with regular shocks that the non-air-suspension equipped vans came with for $60 for the pair (KYB). Still thinking about that one.

Steve

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?