General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 05:34 PM

Yea Steve, going to do a good wash and detail once the weather breaks !
I tackled the front today.
I dd not remove the panel. Just hung it up.
Was a bit of a pain to get the clip by the widow to grab !
A bit of a pain but done ! Before I pulled the speaker I tried it from the radio, NG
When I tested it in the house I got 4.4 Ohms , And with the 9v battery test had static and cone movement :O
But it is out lol and not going back in lol
And the plus is I have a few more tools for the tool box lol

Last edited by Radco; 04-24-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
I live near Port Huron, it's practically a legal requirement to have a boat in Michigan
Got my 23' Wellcraft for $3500 last year, ready to go. Just got a slip for the season, so no more jockeying at the launch ramp!
I miss our boat! 😭
Old 04-24-2022, 05:54 PM

Repairs

My father used to drive an hhr LT as a daily driver until he wrecked it. I replaced the hood and the radiator and the car was back to normal. Sadly I’m only 16 and still don’t have my license so I can’t drive it on the roads. I had plans on replacing the head gaskets today because one of them is busted.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, the Ecotec engine in HHR’s all have one head gasket.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:38 PM

Finished the Ram Air hood scoop, shot the hood and rear doors and got the Oscar Mike's on. I'll probably shoot the roof with Bedliner tomorrow and the front doors. Still waiting to hear back from my vinyl guy about the P40 warhawk graphic and lettering. I'm going to get. USA WC-53HHR. In 2" military stencil script for the sides of the hood. If the weather cooperates I'll shoot the rest this week and start on the bodywork. I'm thinking one dual axle trailer fender and one single axle fender should give me what I want.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:37 PM

^^^^^ That is looking awesome! What type of wheels are you going to go with?
Old 04-24-2022, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
^^^^^ That is looking awesome! What type of wheels are you going to go with?
I'm considering dually wheels. I would need about 3" spacer/adapters. Trailer fenders should cover anything I decide to go with. Until I figure out the spacer/adapter arrangement I'm going to shoot the stockers olive and cut the centers out of the hubcaps and shoot them satin black.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hvymax
I'm considering dually wheels. I would need about 3" spacer/adapters. Trailer fenders should cover anything I decide to go with. Until I figure out the spacer/adapter arrangement I'm going to shoot the stockers olive and cut the centers out of the hubcaps and shoot them satin black.
Honestly, that's what I was thinking! The stockers in the star-pattern like you have would fit it perfectly painted in olive.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney Soirez
My father used to drive an hhr LT as a daily driver until he wrecked it. I replaced the hood and the radiator and the car was back to normal. Sadly I’m only 16 and still don’t have my license so I can’t drive it on the roads. I had plans on replacing the head gaskets today because one of them is busted.
Rodney
WELCOME to the group ! You are in the right place :)
Check the site out as there are many How To sections and GREAT people to answer questions.
We also have a discount to ROCK AUTO
Enjoy the HHR. My son also has a HHR A great little car
Old 04-25-2022, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hvymax
Finished the Ram Air hood scoop, shot the hood and rear doors and got the Oscar Mike's on. I'll probably shoot the roof with Bedliner tomorrow and the front doors. Still waiting to hear back from my vinyl guy about the P40 warhawk graphic and lettering. I'm going to get. USA WC-53HHR. In 2" military stencil script for the sides of the hood. If the weather cooperates I'll shoot the rest this week and start on the bodywork. I'm thinking one dual axle trailer fender and one single axle fender should give me what I want.

HVYMAX I really like what you are doing. Looks pretty cool and can not wait to see more pictures

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?