General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by RF2
Removed the rear panel doors and installed sedan rear doors on my car. Rewired the body for the electric windows. Now to repaint.

Awesome modern 2 tone .
Old 06-14-2022, 04:02 PM

Shifter riser.

A 5" piece of conduit a screw and a piece of reusable straw. Being taller and having lost an inch or 2 switching to the grenade I decided to make a shifter riser. This will probably be the setup for my Hurst shifter when it turns up. I'll probably weld the finger loops from some hemostats for the finger loops to squeeze down the grip to allow shifting.

I'll probably wrap it with stainless tape.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
LOL. After 5, it starts to sound like fraud.

When I was a kid, I was mildly traumatized by hearing of a local fatality in which the driver was decapitated by a deer that went through the winshield. So I won’t be following that advice.

A couple decades later, my new bride and I were headed home late at night in her cherished car with me at the wheel, and we hit a deer squarely with the grille at 60 mph. The radiator was pushed into the fan. The fenders were pushed into the doors. But the only reason the windshield cracked is because the hood was pushed into it.

My wife was all, “My car! My car!” I was almost giggling, I was so happy, making her furious at me. It wasn’t until we were able to get help and make the statement to the sheriff and arrange for towing and rides, etc., that I had a chance to explain how lucky we were, hence my joy.
I thought you were laughing because you got your first deer
Old 06-14-2022, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by RF2
Removed the rear panel doors and installed sedan rear doors on my car. Rewired the body for the electric windows. Now to repaint.

I think it needs a Rolls ish hood ornament!. The Silver Shadow!
Old 06-14-2022, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
LOL. After 5, it starts to sound like fraud.

When I was a kid, I was mildly traumatized by hearing of a local fatality in which the driver was decapitated by a deer that went through the winshield. So I won’t be following that advice.

A couple decades later, my new bride and I were headed home late at night in her cherished car with me at the wheel, and we hit a deer squarely with the grille at 60 mph. The radiator was pushed into the fan. The fenders were pushed into the doors. But the only reason the windshield cracked is because the hood was pushed into it.

My wife was all, “My car! My car!” I was almost giggling, I was so happy, making her furious at me. It wasn’t until we were able to get help and make the statement to the sheriff and arrange for towing and rides, etc., that I had a chance to explain how lucky we were, hence my joy.
Yeoww !Yep those deer can be deadly to us, You will incur damage,... You both were lucky..
Old 06-14-2022, 09:23 PM

ok . . . so i did a thing . . . i mis my Panel and my SS Panel wont be on the road for a few more weeks plus i always wondered if I'd like an AA5 soooo my new to me daily got treatment . . . (i found some silver vinyl in my sign supply stuff that matched pretty good)
Old 06-15-2022, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Yeoww !Yep those deer can be deadly to us, You will incur damage,... You both were lucky..
Truth, a small deer totaled my 08.....
Old 06-15-2022, 06:29 AM
Administrator

So far no more axle seal dripping. So I’m going to give it a wash.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:55 AM

Just cleaned off all the pollen so my HHR is Just Blue now not green/blue lol
Changed the CAF not real bad but a lot of pine needle on it,
If the CAF was not there the coil would be real nasty :O
Old 06-15-2022, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Took the mrs & my panel grocery shopping, something she always did in her ride..

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?