General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 07:17 AM
Administrator

We are headed to Vineland, Ontario for a craft show with friends. We were called back home as Sweetie’s sisters husband passed away this morning, he was 80 years old.

Last edited by Oldblue; 10-08-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM

Well, since you asked ..

So, after days and hours diving deep into Google searches and pouring over countless threads in this and other forums to find answers to the few issues I'm facing with my 2009 HHR LS, to no avail, I delicately collected my tools I had out and returned them to my bag, removed the key from the ignition, thoroughly checked that I wasn't forgetting or leaving anything I may need and calmly exited the vehicle. I stored my tools in their space, and made sure I had collected all the various items I had inadvertently and, I'm pretty sure involuntarily, I had thrown and slung around out of frustration. When I was certain I was leaving it as I'd found it, I grabbed the gallon of gasoline I had for my lawn mower, poured it on and around ol' reliable, stepped back and tossed a lit match on it. I'm pretty sure I finally cracked a smile as I watched it burn oh so beautifully....No that didn't actually happen. Well, not the last part at least. I sure felt like it though. I have absolutely loved my HHR ever since I bought it back in 2017 for $2000. Every repair, major and minor, that arose I personally completed myself, with the help of forums and YouTube videos of course. There hasn't been anything I hadn't been able to diagnose and repair, Both front wheel hub assemblies, both rear shocks, starter and most recently pretty much all of the front end assemblies minus the struts and CV axles. Not even bs-ing you. But my new collection of quirks and confoundings have sent me away on several days head down blubbering like a baby. They aren't things that effect safety of occupants or reliability of the car, they are things that are inconvenient and, by and large, costing me money repeatedly. I'm going to make a separate post addressing them since I haven't been able to find answers individually and honestly I don't know if I would make it through the typing and posting of separate individual posts. The threads I'd found closest to my befuddles weren't the answers of why my HHR was doing this. Now maybe I missed the threads that do address my paradoxical anomalies but I have decided to make my plea and see where it goes. Let the solutions find me so to speak. I had noticed this thread title throughout my delvings, and just wanted to say hello everyone, glad to finally have created an account here and contribute to the cause. Look forward to interacting with the community moving forward. And no worries, I'm not going to torch the ol' girl, we've been through too much to intentionally cut our journey short. Hello everyone, .
Old 10-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Today I have to head over to the funeral home, assist my sister in law with arrangements for her husband’s burial
Old 10-11-2023, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Today, drove out to visit the_shmoo and assist in swapping the alternator in his wife’s 2007 LS. Thanks for the coffee and lunch!
Old 10-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

You are welcome, thanks for the help and companionship.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Today we get ready for our annual trip to Cape Cod. My sister in law will have a vacation staying with our 🐈. They can catch up on lost sleep 😴.
Old 10-14-2023, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

Have a great trip Steve. Stay safe.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Shall do! Shall do! The weather looks to be very favourable temperatures in the mid 60’s and rain maybe on Thursday.
As for the BlackSwan, it will be parked.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:29 PM

Doing a convention this weekend and got tagged in this photo someone took of my Ecto.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:25 PM

made a trip up to the u-pull-it yard, picked up set of rear lights (tail lights) , shifter knob(not the one I wanted but it works) front grille to steal the emblem, side mirror switches for the HHR , parts for the wife's Trailblazer, and parts for the kid's patriot. total came to $136....
Got the radio in the Patriot, and mirror switches and shift knob on the HHR, messed up the front emblem so it is being painted to match the body color, then mounted on the original chrome grille. The one I picked up was painted silver. Had 5 HHR's to pick from and the one I grabbed parts from was a 06, same color as mine. I probably should have taken the front fenders, hood, bumper cover, as they were in excellent shape! better than mine. All 5 HHR's were pretty much trashed interiors, cloth seats etc were super dirty. The tail lights looked like new!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?