General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by swerv0428
Wow. That has to be the best stance I've seen on an HHR. Well lunchbox has a sweet stance. But your looks really good. I'm Leary of ever cutting the stock springs.
That's kind of you to say and I prefer the lunchbox stance as well. I need to share the car with my wife sometimes so I'm only going halfway down unfortunately.

I plan to take just a pinch more off the springs before I get it realigned in the near future. Cutting the springs at home is very dangerous so think twice if your not a decent wrench.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=American & Proud;667806]The Gold Lines front and rear have a pretty decent Stance without cutting coils.

The Coils taper smaller on each end to fit properly on the OEM and HHR Aftermarkets.

Not sure i'd want to be driving on cut off coils on the HHR's.

I considered the gold lines but I would ended up cutting them as well. I'm happy to not have paid and still got what I needed. I only cut half at first but the ride quality is still good so "why not" I thought.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=sick50ford;667860]
Originally Posted by American & Proud
The Gold Lines front and rear have a pretty decent Stance without cutting coils.

The Coils taper smaller on each end to fit properly on the OEM and HHR Aftermarkets.

Not sure i'd want to be driving on cut off coils on the HHR's.

I considered the gold lines but I would ended up cutting them as well. I'm happy to not have paid and still got what I needed. I only cut half at first but the ride quality is still good so "why not" I thought.
Did you cut top or bottom? How do they sit in the cups? I've heat dropped springs before, can you post a pic front and back. Really nice stance!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 PM

This evening I removed the HHR badge off the liftgate.
I am keeping all the SS badges though. I like those, but the tail looks so much better without the HHR lettering on there.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Doctor Who
This evening I removed the HHR badge off the liftgate.
I am keeping all the SS badges though. I like those, but the tail looks so much better without the HHR lettering on there.
Doctor Who- did you use 'fishing line' or what to remove it ?

I've done all mine long ago w/fishing line.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=foolmoon_design;667862]
Originally Posted by sick50ford

Did you cut top or bottom? How do they sit in the cups? I've heat dropped springs before, can you post a pic front and back. Really nice stance!
I cut the bottoms only. The front fit like factory but the rear spring looks a little sketch being looser fitting on the bottom post and also it floats on the top post when its jacked up so you always need to be aware of the spring position when its lowered. But I don't think it's unsafe for normal driving personally. I'm sure some others will have a different opinion.

Did you want pictures of the front and back exterior or frontback springs foolmoon?

Last edited by sick50ford; 09-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 AM

I replaced the rear wiper blade and had to replace the front right side turn signal bub (a second time). The bulb had just blown apart ?? At least it was a bit easier this time.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sick50ford
I cut the bottoms only. The front fit like factory but the rear spring looks a little sketch being looser fitting on the bottom post and also it floats on the top post when its jacked up so you always need to be aware of the spring position when its lowered. But I don't think it's unsafe for normal driving personally. I'm sure some others will have a different option?
You'll definatly need to find better shocks for the rear to help eliminate the sudden "drop" of the spring and possible misalignment on compression when the suspension stretches and compresses. May even try to look for some shocks that are litterly a 1/2 in shorter over all lenght and install them. Our style shock is a common one, just need to find one that'll take our bolt sizes and is a bit shorter in length. Local auto parts store should have what you need in stock. It'll be less travel for the springs and may keep misalignments down if the shocks can keep the" drop" to a slower pace....

...hope I said that to where it's understandable.....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM

Rolled to work. Almost out of gas so I was rolling slower. Some woman got her car right up on my bumper. Showed me flashing red and blue lights using her cell phone. This is illegal, no? I took a picture of the back of her car. Might email it to highway patrol.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM

Cleaned my wagon up and am currently sitting at a local car show.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?