General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What is happening???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 AM

What is happening???

Okay.. check this:

On Monday night, I was at a friend's house. When we decided to leave, we got in my car, and I try to start it up. One click and that was all it would do as for turning over. Everything else still worked electronically, but we tried to jump it anyway. We hooked the cables up to the battery itself, since we couldn't reach the front posts. Even after letting it charge up, still wouldn't start. So I call the dealership the next day. They send a tow truck, which I had to wait 40 minutes for them to arrive. They get out a battery charger, and hook it up to the front posts. Then just to make me look like a dumba$$, it starts up just fine. But even after letting it run for a while, it wouldn't turn back on w/o the charger. So the car is at the dealership today, and they're trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the car. Apparently, they don't know that the warranty states (from what I understood), that when a vehicle is having warranty work done, they're supposed to give you a loaner, am I right? They didn't even do that. I had to borrow a friend's truck.
So yea... crappy week thus far.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Apparently, they don't know that the warranty states (from what I understood), that when a vehicle is having warranty work done, they're supposed to give you a loaner, am I right?
I think it all depends on the dealership and if there is a loaner available. I could be wrong but I don't believe there is anything in the warranty that guarantees you a loaner or states the dealership has to give you a loaner during warranty repairs.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Yeah... you're probably right...
I'm still trying to think of what the problem might be with my car... Oh well. They said I should be able to pick it up between noon and 3 today. I hope it's just the battery, but then again I don't because then I would really feel stupid . But it shouldn't be the battery, because I just got it about 3-4 months ago.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned

Our factory battery sucks. I drained mine in about 15 - 20 minutes just listening to the stereo.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Damn, that does suck. But, I have a different battery in there now. I lost the stock one when my friend was helping me put my underbody lights on. I told him he should have removed the battery before he drilled, and he almost got a face full of battery acid So yea... he drilled a hole thru my stock battery, and that's why I have a new one.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM

There has been numerous "battery" failures like yours. But usually stems from a bad battery. But, still would be interested in knowing what kind of excuse your service dealership comes up with.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Our factory battery sucks. I drained mine in about 15 - 20 minutes just listening to the stereo.

But Captain....your stereo is "pulling" something like 2 million wattts!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Well... I got my car back. They're saying that the low battery output was caused by my aftermarket amp. The amp pushes about 1800W continuously with a 2 farad capacitor on a non-stock battery. Apparently, they're going to charge me $200 for a bunch of battery charges and tests. My car has been there since 5:30PM yesterday. Now I think that is some BS... I could have just done the damn work myself for the cost of gas to pick up my friend's battery tester. But $200 and 22 hrs later, I have my car back.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM

This is like a Paul harvey story! Now the rest of the story. My Batt. went dead and I don,t know why
Old 05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

I'm sure the underbody neon had nothing to do with it, either...

You should look into a second battery setup. There's plenty of room for one in there.

Quick Reply: What is happening???