General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Winter Bath = Cold Fingers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Winter Bath = Cold Fingers

Well, It looks like the first stretch of three days without rain in the last few months, so I decided to go out and wash Elvis. Nice and sunny, but Elvis' thermometer in the dash said 32 degrees. Warm water in the bucket helped, but man my fingers are coooold. We had snow and sleet here Friday-Saturday, followed by a hard rain that at least washed away the salt. I flushed underneath Elvis as well as washing his door jambs. Looking shiny again....I'd almost forgotten what it looked like shiny. I hope you all get good weather where you are. Merry Christmas, and God Bless, Marc
Old 12-20-2009, 02:24 PM

I'm just blessed to have heated garage!

Looks good!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Just a regular was job this time of the year here.

I usally have to get the hose working, uncover the fawcet, get the hot water. Get the garage warm but the ground if it is below 15 degrees still lets the floor freeze.

Oh if I forgot to take my wash mit I have to unfreeze it.

There are many times I wished it was 32 degrees. But you know a car just runs better once it is clean. THen some idiot ahead hits his windshield washers and they miss his car and hit your clean one! LOL!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by Marcruger
Well, It looks like the first stretch of three days without rain in the last few months, so I decided to go out and wash Elvis. Nice and sunny, but Elvis' thermometer in the dash said 32 degrees. Warm water in the bucket helped, but man my fingers are coooold. We had snow and sleet here Friday-Saturday, followed by a hard rain that at least washed away the salt. I flushed underneath Elvis as well as washing his door jambs. Looking shiny again....I'd almost forgotten what it looked like shiny. I hope you all get good weather where you are. Merry Christmas, and God Bless, Marc
A man on a mission!! The car looks great. I feel bad for you guys, weather here is nice. Todd (Uma)

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 12-20-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Removed pic from quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Looks great Marc-

Chevy script on the hood side looks White ? Did you paint them or just the angle of pic ?

Mine sleeps inside, need to get her out tomorrow & test out latest tweaking...

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:19 AM

Hi Billy, No, it's just the angle of the photo making the scripts look white. Still chrome. Elvis lives under a portable carport right now. It's a heavy duty one from Northern Tools, and it is surprisingly strong (and not very portable). That said, I did bump the snow and sleet off of it Friday night.....never hurts to be careful. God Bless, and Merry Christmas to all, Marc
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 AM

Next time i will see my Car Clean will be about March except for Rain. To much salt on the roads here in Chicago, Plus i commute 40miles one way all highway, So you know the Semi's are going to throw that crap all over.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Next time i will see my Car Clean will be about March except for Rain. To much salt on the roads here in Chicago, Plus i commute 40miles one way all highway, So you know the Semi's are going to throw that crap all over.
Then you my sir, will have a rusty car one day!

I don't have quite the commute you do, but I drive about 60 miles a day all expressway... I was my car about once a week regaurdless...just to keep the salt off!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Marcruger
Hi Billy, No, it's just the angle of the photo making the scripts look white. Still chrome. Elvis lives under a portable carport right now. It's a heavy duty one from Northern Tools, and it is surprisingly strong (and not very portable). That said, I did bump the snow and sleet off of it Friday night.....never hurts to be careful. God Bless, and Merry Christmas to all, Marc
Hi Mark-

I like those Chevrolet scripts on your hood sides.. I was scratching my head for a minute, ? Thanks for clearing that up.. They look killer chrome !!! I am thinking I might want to do my hood too.. See what you started !!!! LOL.

I remember you telling me of your Northern Tool carport, Sure does look Beefy...

Merry Christmas Marc..& to ALL..