General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wrecked... But will be repaired :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
RockAuto has LS/LT bumpers and SS, but the prices
i think im gonna find someone who is parting out, and try to strike a deal, or go to a u-pull and save some money.

Originally Posted by donbrew
The seat belts have a charge in them to tighten them up when the airbags deploy.

The "radio controls on steering wheel" thread has pictures on removing the driver airbag.
thanks for the info on the seat belts, that only effects the ones that were pulled out and buckled?

Yea the radio control thread, was super helpful info in both the controls and airbag removal, 2fer, haha, like 2fers.

Originally Posted by sleeper
Taking your time & doing your research will save you even more. I'm thinking yours does NOT have ABS ?
you are correct, this car literally was/is stock as stock can be, if crank windows was an option, it prob would have had them. her dad ordered the car where he could pay for it upon delivery... so it was very stock.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Technical Moderator

No, if the bags deploy both front seat belts explode.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:30 PM

ok, camden was sitting driver side rear, so he would have been buckled, so didnt know if that one would need replaced as well
Old 06-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Technical Moderator

I don't think the rears explode.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:36 PM

FYI There are a number of people who can repair the seat belt pretensioners as well as rest the SDM module.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Technical Moderator

For that matter repairing the seat belts can be DIY, but we cannot recommend repairing them for liability reasons. He already has 2 friends with Tech2 and know-how.

I am getting close to the line by saying the bags and belts are a bolt on job. There is no real danger IF the battery has been disconnected for 30 minutes to drain the capacitors and no stray static electricity. The connectors are fail-safe. They don't use gun powder or caps anymore etc.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Banned

i have parts lmk if u need any thing , thanks dave
Old 06-01-2018, 07:09 PM

thanks everyone, their insurance agent FINALLY is sending out the people to look at the car on Mon/Tuesday... Bonnie (lady who hit us), her own agent called her a dumb @$$ for coming into oncoming traffic and hitting a stopped car...

hellshotrod i may just hit you up, not sure how much shipping will kill me to this coast from cali.

donbrew i plan on positioning the car in-front of my garage where i need it, and disconnecting the battery for a day or so, (cant really do anything till my hand heals from surgery anyway)

i wont be repairing the seat-belts, just replacing. most thing will be prob replaced so i have receipt proof they were replaced etc.

know more soon :-)
Old 06-02-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
For that matter repairing the seat belts can be DIY, but we cannot recommend repairing them for liability reasons. He already has 2 friends with Tech2 and know-how.

I am getting close to the line by saying the bags and belts are a bolt on job. There is no real danger IF the battery has been disconnected for 30 minutes to drain the capacitors and no stray static electricity. The connectors are fail-safe. They don't use gun powder or caps anymore etc.
Understood, I didn't want to cross that line either
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM

Her insurance finally got off their arse to do their job... This is what they are saying needs repaired.

Quick Reply: Wrecked... But will be repaired :-)