General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

XM recevier part #

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:36 AM

XM recevier part #

Does anyone have the Xm module number to add Xm. The recevier part number in the rear of the car. Antenna Part # would also be great..
Thanks Randy
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 AM

As of Dec 2006 that has not been made public.
There are some threads elsewhere in the fourm that talks about it.
GM does not/has not released the info.
XM has a recevier,,but the harness from GM has not.
I will PM you the info if I can find it.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM

If you really like XM radio, I would suggest you buy a separate portable receiver and connect it through the IPOD link provided. I have the premium stereo and it's kind of hard to listen to baseball games inside the house with the car in the garage. I'm a Cardinal fan living in Florida. Also, XM Online does not offer all stations. I would love to have a portable XM radio I can take everywhere I go and I don't want to pay for a second subscription to get that option.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
If you really like XM radio, I would suggest you buy a separate portable receiver and connect it through the IPOD link provided. I have the premium stereo and it's kind of hard to listen to baseball games inside the house with the car in the garage. I'm a Cardinal fan living in Florida. Also, XM Online does not offer all stations. I would love to have a portable XM radio I can take everywhere I go and I don't want to pay for a second subscription to get that option.
You can use the Family Plan/Multiple radio option. You can add up to 4 more radios to your main subscription for $6.99 a month for each radio.

http://www.xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

We have two additional radios besides the one in the HHR. One at home and one at the office.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
You can use the Family Plan/Multiple radio option. You can add up to 4 more radios to your main subscription for $6.99 a month for each radio.

http://www.xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

We have two additional radios besides the one in the HHR. One at home and one at the office.
That's the plan we have; 2 HHR's and 2 xm-2-go's. We love em! I really like the xm-2-go becuae if I go for a walk or mow the grass, I have a headphone with a built in sat. ant. They also come with all you need to use the same unit in your car and at home. Just take out of one base and drop in the other.

I put one auto base in each of our other cars so we have xm no matter what we drive!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Don't mined paying for extra radio, would like to hop in the car and listen to the radio with XM. Has anyone added the tuner and anteena.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Yeah, I went with the seperate receiver, because I saw that the receiver was like $180.00 before installation to the stereo system, so its cheaper to just buy the portable one (and you can use it elsewhere also).