GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

ignition recall again

Old 10-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Glad it’s fixed ,again.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by skyline26
GM finally called me back today ( i havent drove my car since last week when i called ) . They stated that they already replaced the part and it comes only with a 1yr warranty. Since its beyond 1 yr im SOL.
Now I understand this on most things, but on a huge safety recall that this was, this should not be the case. They are telling me that I need to pay for the diagnostic and parts replacement + labor costs.
I then asked for their manager and she said the same thing. I reiterated that this is the part that GM made that was the fix to this recall and that a certified GM mechanic at a GM dealership had installed. If your so called "fix" doesnt work, you replace it
...they could care less for my concerns
I may be over thinking things but what happens if something happens today or tomorrow -getting into an accident, possibly killing myself or a passenger or a person in another vehicle because of this faulty part. I cant believe that they wont take responsibility on this, maybe do it as a "favor" or in good will and have it replaced for free.

Last GM vehicle for me ever. I really wish the government did not get involved to bail this company out. They should have gone under if they treat their customers like this.
This very thing has happened to and I called dealership they told me the same thing I would have to pay and when they did recall there was no new keys either I still have old big hole key for my chevy 06 hhr who do I contact to look further into this situation please help
Old 11-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Technical Moderator

The dealership that did it wrong would be a start. We have nothing to do with GM.
There was a period of time before, the recall that they were replacing the cylinder on goodwill; Unfortunately with the old parts, not the new improved parts.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Try a different dealership, like a Buick GMC
Old 11-07-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
The dealership that did it wrong would be a start. We have nothing to do with GM.
There was a period of time before, the recall that they were replacing the cylinder on goodwill; Unfortunately with the old parts, not the new improved parts.
I do think I got a bad part however I did call and talk to the dealership that replaced it and they told me that they doubt it's the ignition and I can bring it in there said it's been 4 yrs since they replace the switch and I will have to pay for it to be replaced
Old 11-07-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Ok thanks
Old 11-07-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Ok thanks
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Technical Moderator

If you have the slotted key you have the old part. I thought that's why you made special note of the fact.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
If you have the slotted key you have the old part. I thought that's why you made special note of the fact.
That is but also wondering why the dealership trying to make me pay for a recall part that went bad so basically I should of receive new keys when they did recall are u stating
Old 11-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Technical Moderator

I don't know, I thought I explained that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ignition recall again