GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Ignition Recall done, now ignition binds and won't turn.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Directed to Chevrolet Customer Service.......

You know, there is so much controversy regarding the "Lifetime Warranty" application for the Electric Power Steering Motor. Almost every owner understands the recall requirements. But conflicts appear continually for the 2006-2008 limited warranty. I don't believe anyone has been successful implementing the warranty repair......even though GM Media and the Federal Government have posted information relative to it. It even has a separate Bulletin Number of.....14119. GM Dealers essentially refuse to recognize it, as well as YOUR supervisors in the customer service group (they appear to check the VIN and mention it is not "listed").

I believe you, as the Chevrolet Customer Service Representatives, could do a valuable service to this forum and the owners of the HHR's that are covered in the WARRANTY.

So, I believe one of you should elect to champion this topic with GM management and bring some type of conclusion to all responsible parties.

If you resolve this issue, maybe then, some members here will consider your position more than a "social contact".
Snoopy -

You NAILED it!! I was denied this warranty from my senior adviser's supervisor. When asked to speak to someone higher up, they said there was no one higher. So, I guess Jeff Boyer and Mary Barra work under them?? Dealer acted like they'd never heard of it. Even a printout from the GM media website, the NHTSA campaign# 14V153000 along with the GM bulletin 14119 just isn't enough to say my part is warrantied for the life of the vehicle.

It's like buying something at the store, walking right back in to return it with your receipt and they just look at you and say, "You didn't buy that here. That receipt doesn't mean anything."
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Technical Moderator

Let us know if CCS does anything for you.

There are indeed people above the dealership level, and below the big silver building.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Let us know if CCS does anything for you.

There are indeed people above the dealership level, and below the big silver building.
Well I don't know if CCS here helped or what but I got a call from a GM exec today. Check my post on https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50057

Maybe this will finally be taken care of like they stated.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Directed to Chevrolet Customer Service.......

You know, there is so much controversy regarding the "Lifetime Warranty" application for the Electric Power Steering Motor. Almost every owner understands the recall requirements. But conflicts appear continually for the 2006-2008 limited warranty. I don't believe anyone has been successful implementing the warranty repair......even though GM Media and the Federal Government have posted information relative to it. It even has a separate Bulletin Number of.....14119. GM Dealers essentially refuse to recognize it, as well as YOUR supervisors in the customer service group (they appear to check the VIN and mention it is not "listed").

I believe you, as the Chevrolet Customer Service Representatives, could do a valuable service to this forum and the owners of the HHR's that are covered in the WARRANTY.

So, I believe one of you should elect to champion this topic with GM management and bring some type of conclusion to all responsible parties.

If you resolve this issue, maybe then, some members here will consider your position more than a "social contact".
Hey Snoopy,

We are looking into this further, and working with our resources with this. If anyone feels they need this looked into, remember we are a private message away and are always happy to assist the best way possible. We appreciate the feedback and apologize for any kind of delay with this process due to the ongoing and overwhelming recall responses. We hope to hear from any of you soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Hi madashell and shybull,

We’re sorry to hear of the difficulties that you both experienced with your vehicles after having the recall completed. We understand that you have taken your vehicles to the dealership for this concern. Feel free to follow up with us in regard to your visit. We look forward to hearing from you both!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have no problem My Dealer here in Mass is a good GM rep (Cerrone Chevy Attleboro Ma)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Technical Moderator

How long does it take the social media people to get an answer?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 PM

Angry Ignition Recall done, now ignition binds and won't turn.

Had initial ignition recall work done on 9/18 for my '09 HHR. Went to pick it up at dealer and car wouldn't start. The ignition was locked. Dealer took it back and went through 3 ignitions and 2 sets of keys and finally got it to work. They said my ignition sleeve had a metal burr in it that was causing the ignition to bind and not turn. (Granted I've owned the car for 4 years and never had any issues with the ignition or keys). I finally drive away in ny car.

Jump ahead 2 weeks and the ignition would randomly bind and not start again. Called dealer back and explained issue and made appt for 10/16 to fix it.

Today I drop HHR off at dealer and they replace the ignition again and say it's ready. Go to pick it up and the ignition won't turn/car won't start. They said it feels like a tumbler pin popped out causing it to bind. Last I saw they were pushing it back to service. I left in a loaner vehicle.

I just got a call from the dealer and they said they have to order a ignition/steering housing, because mine does not align with the new ignition and that's why it keeps binding(Excuse #3). The dealer said my vehicle is the only one experiencing all of these issues. My vehicle is 100% stock, so shouldn't the parts fit? Anybody else experiencing this?

I pick it up tomorrow, we'll see what happens next.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Administrator

No I have not had this issue . Recall for ignition done back in April or early May no issues
Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Technical Moderator

Yes, a few others have had that sort of problem. Unless the posts have been moved a quick scroll thru this section will find you company.

Why do you ask? Technichians make mistakes all the time.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 PM

I am contemplating NOT getting the repair done?

What say you?

Quick Reply: Ignition Recall done, now ignition binds and won't turn.