GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

So Boydie. Are you also getting the power steering motor replaced at the same time ?

Reason for asking is, this thread is about the ESP recall/warranty.
( Sorry, couldn't resist picking on you. No harm intended.)
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 PM
TAK

Originally Posted by Bbaun4894
Damn, GM is on a Roll with these recalls. Fortunately I'm a year shy of this one!
Might not spare you. The PS motor in my 07 LS failed, I bought a replacement at GM parts giant.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:50 PM

OKay, just to keep it out there. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/..._ids=14V153000

I have posted this in reply to TAK a couple of times. Please read it.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Chevy would not replace the power steering motor on my 2007 HHR. The power steering cuts off within 30 seconds of driving every time. The only thing the chevy or the chevy dealer would do is offer 10% off services. That is BS.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Glitzybabes
Chevy would not replace the power steering motor on my 2007 HHR. The power steering cuts off within 30 seconds of driving every time. The only thing the chevy or the chevy dealer would do is offer 10% off services. That is BS.
Well, take it up the ladder and call GM itself (the number is in your owners manual). It is covered by the extended warranty on the motor - did you mention that to them?
Old 06-21-2014, 07:30 PM

I'm getting a 2010 HHR with the eps recall that is tied up at the dealer I am buying it from and they can't "deliver" it yet, they won't let it off their lot until the recall is done. I understand their stance. But, it could be a week, two weeks, a month, six months who knows till the parts are available. Has anyone here experienced anything like this or has knowledge of similar (at all, any make/model) where the parts were unavailable and there was no further info for a period of time? The recall has been out for about two months as I understand it, but it was issued for the particular one I'm buying a little over a month ago. Certainly a bizarre deal to say the least. At least the ignition recalls are now done
Old 06-21-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by LWS10
I'm getting a 2010 HHR with the eps recall that is tied up at the dealer I am buying it from and they can't "deliver" it yet, they won't let it off their lot until the recall is done. I understand their stance. But, it could be a week, two weeks, a month, six months who knows till the parts are available. Has anyone here experienced anything like this or has knowledge of similar (at all, any make/model) where the parts were unavailable and there was no further info for a period of time? The recall has been out for about two months as I understand it, but it was issued for the particular one I'm buying a little over a month ago. Certainly a bizarre deal to say the least. At least the ignition recalls are now done
What the heck do you want them to do? Let you drive off the lot with a known defect, you die, your loved ones sue them out of business.

If you have not taken delivery you can cancel the deal. Be reasonable.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
What the heck do you want them to do? Let you drive off the lot with a known defect, you die, your loved ones sue them out of business.

If you have not taken delivery you can cancel the deal. Be reasonable.
Wow! Great response there. Maybe if you actually read my fricking post you would be able to give an intelligent reply! Didn't catch " I understand their stance" did you swifty? Good god man go easy... read more knee jerk less
Old 06-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Well you would have been really ticked off by the response I almost posted.

Ok man - if you understand their stance - then either live with it, dicker with them or bail on the purchase. You are reading way too much into donbrew's response than what is there.

Where are we getting these from???
Old 06-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LWS10
Heard of it ? Sure
A few months back, (it was either Toyota or Nissan,) the dealers had to put a hold on selling some of their new cars on the lot. Seems there was recall on some certain new models and the parent company wouldn't let the dealers sell their new car stock until recall repairs were done.
Sure isn't the 1st time it's happened, and won't be the last.
I guess it's just unfortunate that GM's huge, multi recall has effected your trying to buy a HHR.

Quick Reply: NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!