Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   GM Recall Campaigns (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-recall-campaigns-70/)
-   -   went to the dealer for the recall... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-recall-campaigns-70/went-dealer-recall-50152/)

l78thumper 04-10-2014 08:29 PM

No problems here 87 and sometimes bad dealers screw it up for us. Thanks. Gota admit them KIA'S arn't bad eather they have come along way. SSFAN again you have not heard BOTH SIDES of the story AS I have said before. If you feel THAT strong SELL your car. I feel very sorry for thoes Familys also And IF your saying im not KISS off. I have also seen what people are putting on there key rings these days and it would shut off an 18 wheeler.So be carful of what you say. Your just speaking of what the news says no what really is. Thoes people are not with us anymore and we my never know the truth as to what really killed them.

whopper 04-11-2014 12:25 AM

:chillpill: Ok - hold it - cool down guys.

Thumper I do believe you have misread SSFANS comments out of context - he LOVES his cars, believe me I know. I appreciate what you are saying, but man, it's getting harder and harder to read your posts - it's working my reading glasses into overtime.

I'm closing this thread for a while.

whopper 04-14-2014 01:38 AM

Thread reopened.

dudetenn 04-18-2014 11:17 PM

I have an ' 08 and still have not received a recall notice!

843de 04-19-2014 01:43 AM

GM was to begin sending out the second round of recall notices for '08-'11 owners on April 21st. So you should receive it next week I'd imagine.

As it is, the facility making the required parts is now running full three shift days in order to produce the revised pieces in a timely manner.

But remember, with the sheer number of vehicles involved, including to 489,000 +/- HHR's produced, patience is required.

mongo 04-22-2014 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 744982)
GM was to begin sending out the second round of recall notices for '08-'11 owners on April 21st. So you should receive it next week I'd imagine.

As it is, the facility making the required parts is now running full three shift days in order to produce the revised pieces in a timely manner.

But remember, with the sheer number of vehicles involved, including to 489,000 +/- HHR's produced, patience is required.

Jeez, I hope there aren't any problems with the 'rush order' parts.... I've worked in the manufacturing sector long enough that this is when mistakes happen....

donbrew 04-22-2014 04:54 PM

The sky IS falling!

Oldblue 04-22-2014 06:30 PM

Don't worry , Don I'll save you!!! I have realized over the years, hurry up and wait, they will get to your ride when they have the parts!! My service advisor was very understanding, explained the order process , offered a loaner car, and got me a coffee while she did so!!

jwhouk 04-22-2014 07:14 PM

Got the second notification today from Chevy, this time to tell me that parts were now available (on a limited basis) to replace the ignition. I'm going to have to call the local Chevy dealer in the morning about seeing if they have the parts yet - which they might not (this is a somewhat backwater town).

l78thumper 04-23-2014 12:18 AM

Dude call your local Chevy dealer and you can order your ign switch and most likely your ign cylinder at any time. You dont' need a recall notice to get your car fixed. As for me I am waiting till the rush is over and the parts arn't rushed. And oh yea 843 second wave already started trust me I ordered 30 sets today LOL. Phone at work ringing off the hook.