HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

2008 HHR production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM

All i know is my colour may not be rare (black) but the fact that its a 5spd w/an LSD makes it rare indeed.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt.Carnage
All i know is my colour may not be rare (black) but the fact that its a 5spd w/an LSD makes it rare indeed.
Not too rare, mine is a black 5spd with LSD in Ontario as well. It was hard finding a standard, I only had 6 to choose from within a days driving distance.

I've yet to see another SS though.... Lots of orange and gold LT's around here.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 PM

How about the HHR SS Panel as I heard there were only hundreds made. I feel lucky to have one of the 5 speed 09's
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck
Unfortunately it takes more than being rare to be valuable. The popularity of the old pony/muscle cars, couple with the fact they are now scarce is what inflated their values. The secret of the HHR and the SS model will forever keep it from being a "popular" vehicle and keep it under valued in any aftermarket sale, despite the lack of volumes (which in itself is the result of the lack of demand).

I love the car, think it is a great value and enjoy the fact it is unique, but the resale of an unknown, under appreciated car will always be disappointing.
Been down that road a few times.
I bought my HHR-SS pretty much on the spur of the moment, and did'nt realize how low the build numbers were. Actually, would have bought it anyway.
My last car[actually still have it, for a few more weeks] is a 1996 Impala SS[tricked out]. I bought it for what it was, but thought at some point it might be a little rare. Not the case. around here in the bay area, they are like rabbits[everywhere]. I actually hate parting with it, but the HHR-SS is taking my mind off selling it for awhile. "Moon"
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
XXL

If you bought an HHR of any configuration with the idea or intent that it would have ANY collectible value, you bought the wrong car... unless you picked it up from the factory with a flatbed, had Fritz autograph the sun visor as he was packing his office up to go "spend more time with the family," and then wisked the car off to to be put in cryogenic stasis for the next 100 years so you great-great grandkids could cash in on its value. In that case, hopefully inflation will not rise faster than the value of the car so they don't end up paying more than it's worth to get it out of storage.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
Been down that road a few times.
I bought my HHR-SS pretty much on the spur of the moment, and did'nt realize how low the build numbers were. Actually, would have bought it anyway.
My last car[actually still have it, for a few more weeks] is a 1996 Impala SS[tricked out]. I bought it for what it was, but thought at some point it might be a little rare. Not the case. around here in the bay area, they are like rabbits[everywhere]. I actually hate parting with it, but the HHR-SS is taking my mind off selling it for awhile. "Moon"
RWD impala SS's are selling pretty pricey here.

i know one with a busted & rotted frame sold for 5k
Old 12-08-2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by XXL
If you bought an HHR of any configuration with the idea or intent that it would have ANY collectible value, you bought the wrong car... unless you picked it up from the factory with a flatbed, had Fritz autograph the sun visor as he was packing his office up to go "spend more time with the family," and then wisked the car off to to be put in cryogenic stasis for the next 100 years so you great-great grandkids could cash in on its value. In that case, hopefully inflation will not rise faster than the value of the car so they don't end up paying more than it's worth to get it out of storage.
Or you could buy up all the other HHR's in the world and crush them then sell th one left to someone on this web site.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM

How about sun roofs? Anyone know the numbers on those for the 08 SS?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Nice, someone went digging.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Nice, someone went digging. Everyone I looked at had one.

Quick Reply: 2008 HHR production numbers