HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Advice from you current owners I'm looking at a specific vehicle and have some questi

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
I guess that left/right, driver/passenger stuff doesn't work in places like England.
A friend I had at work was raised in England. Ask him how he goes up and down dual direction staircases being that they drive opposite of us.
He said "Always go up on the right and left going down".
Old 04-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Technical Moderator

But then you are going up and down on the same side!
Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
But then you are going up and down on the same side!
No. Staircases that have a hand rail in the middle. Two directional steps.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Administrator

I guess not FMG, but I never raced in England, but I kinda like the music.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I guess not FMG, but I never raced in England, but I kinda like the music.
Then you headed for Las Vegas?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Jit

left side drivers side sound..correction

Ok...my bad.
On the left side.
It sounds like a solenoid engaging and disengaging constantly.
It does have code AA5
56 codes total on glove box plate
Yes I do want to purchase it. I just want to make sure I don't have to put a new engine in it. Also has to still pass smog. Fingers crossed since it's an out-of-state vehicle that it will and then I can post some pictures as proud new owner

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice
Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 PM

Better make sure it is coded for California emissions.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:46 PM
Jit

It has FE9 which looks like it translates to certified Federal emission.

Currently it has past the emission test but failed visual test because he had some high performance tube.
he's now changing that out for the factory one so fingers crossed it will pass both test and get certified.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Technical Moderator

Federal Emissions is NOT California Emissions, you better check with the legal guys at the DMV. There is a different code for California.
This is what I found:
1975 model year vehicles to the present - (EXCLUDING any vehicle obtained by a California resident within two years of its date of production) require a "Certificate of Conformance" issued by the ARB after a successful laboratory test. This test is administered to the same standards required of new vehicle manufacturers, and for the model year of the vehicle . However, unlike new vehicle manufacturers, as an individual you are not required to meet the full range of additional testing and equipment standards such as On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) requirements, durability testing, low emission fleet averaging, or Zero Emissions Vehicle testing (LEV and ZEV requirements). So while these standards reference what a manufacturer must do, when required by the Direct Import requirements they apply to individuals importing a used motor vehicle. Some limited exemptions apply to individuals moving to California with vehicles of these years registered in their home state for at least a year before moving to California. Contact us for more information.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Jit

Thanks for the information regarding emissions

So I've spent a little over two hours in several phone calls with DMV today. Thank you for the advice above.
It looks like it may be okay to get it smogged and transferred. However in an abundance of caution I'm going to meet the seller at DMV and do all the transfer and payment at the DMV counter just to make sure everything is kosher.
If it all works out I will advise and hopefully post pictures of my new fun fhhr quarter panel ss find with a cool vin ending in 500016...
If it doesn't work I have one other SS in the pipes as a backup with color code 39U... that interesting blue purple color not a quarter panel though.
Fingers crossed

Quick Reply: Advice from you current owners I'm looking at a specific vehicle and have some questi