HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Anyone consider the Dodge Avenger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM

The Avenger was on my shortlist (emphasis on was) of vehicles to look into, solely because I liked the looks of the car. Then I started doing research and heard nothing but bad reviews. I know of one person that just bought an Avenger but haven't gotten any feedback from them yet. On Edmunds.com, one person had this to say about the vehicle:

Vehicle

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Review

I have an R/t 08 fully loaded.The car has been back to the dealer 4 times for excessive thumping and rattling in rear of vehicle.So far they have replaced the rear shocks and mounts twice.Still having same problem.The gas mileage is awful (16 mpg). Since owning the vehicle it has been in for service 7 times including 3 for recalls, and 1 time it was towed in because the computer went crazy and the car would not shift into gears properly. I bought the car brand new. I have had in for about 1 year, it only has 8,000 miles on it, and I can not wait to get rid of it. I do not want to be all negative the car does have some good qualities, but not enough to want to keep the car.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM

No, but I liked the looks of the Charger. Some of you guys in the Cleveland,Oh. area may have seen that the Solon cops there drive them. (all silver colored)
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Yes I have considered it.... to be a piece of crap.

Frankly everything since Diamler has been crap. They really killed Chrysler. Lets hope they can turn it around now that they are independent again. I really want to like them. This from a former Die Hard Mopar guy
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
No, but I liked the looks of the Charger. Some of you guys in the Cleveland,Oh. area may have seen that the Solon cops there drive them. (all silver colored)
Yeah...with the grille guards...lol. I used to work in Solon. Other cities have them also.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by dbfruth
Yes I have considered it.... to be a piece of crap.

Frankly everything since Diamler has been crap. They really killed Chrysler. Lets hope they can turn it around now that they are independent again. I really want to like them. This from a former Die Hard Mopar guy
I'm in rentals every week and get more and more Dodge/Chrysler products.

IMHO they all are JUNK!

I give them a thumbs up for satellite radio and that's it.

Avis/Thrifty/Alamo/National must be getting sweet fleet deals. I'm so tired of Chrysler products I'm almost willing to pay Hertz prices just to avoid driving the junk. Fortunately I go to Albuquerque a lot and they still have a good selection of GM cars there, and they are getting good alternates like Suzuki CUV's, top of the line Hyundai's (Surprisingly good cars) and even some Ford Edge's.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Oh Hell No...................
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Founding Member

I rented one when my HHR was having the rear bumper replaced from an accident.
I had considered the Avenger at one time. After driving the Avenger, I found to to be quite comfortable but gutless. The power band just wasn't there for me.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM

Dodge Caliber was top of my short list....until I read the reviews. Didn't find much positive said about it. Glad I took more time to research first.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Only for an anchor!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM

I was going to test drive the Caliber, until I got in it and it felt like a coffin, only smaller. Dodge needs a little work.

Quick Reply: Anyone consider the Dodge Avenger?