HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Anyone else seem to get alot of complements about the HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Cool Anyone else seem to get alot of complements about the HHR SS

I've had mine for alittle over 1 month and everywhere I go people stop me to tell me they love the looks of car and alot don't even know what is is but they like the way it looks some even think it's a updated PT Cruiser but then I set them straight and say it's a Chevrolet HHR SS and they usually reply thats a HHR I'd say Nope it;s a HHR SS so anyone else get this much attention when they go out.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:28 PM

Most just tell me they like what I have done to my HHR. Then I tell them it is stock I get a blank stare and they say I never saw one like that before... You really bought it that way.

Then when I tell them it has a 2.0 Turbo with almost 300 HP I get that look of disbelief.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 PM

I've had mine for about 6 weeks now, and yes, I get quite a few comments.The rear doors on the panel really throw them off.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeh when I tell them it's factory with a 2.0 turbo I get the same look :)
Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Honestly, even a clean, black SS doesn't get much attention. Except for maybe family or friends, nobody ever comments or says anything about it. Maybe the other people I've come in contact with have no pulse? Then again, most of them drive those "vanilla appliances", so they may not have the appreciation for unique "automotive art".
Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Smile SS Look's

All the time
Old 09-15-2009, 09:06 PM

We have three of them we use in our shop, and they all can't believe how different they look. I tell them about the power it has and they are all mad the boss didn't buy all SS....lol
Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM

I like the youngins who think rice and mustangs are the in thing( or only thing)... they just can't comprehend a 2.o that boosts over 20 psi when the highest thing theyve seen on the street is 8psi and then throw in the hp numbers and they brain melt....priceless
Ive had to give demo rides to a few unbelievers....its a joy to watch those ever knowing( or so they think) faces when the boost gage glides right over that 25 psi mark......I always heart the stang people say they can spin tires thru 3rd and I say yeah, rear wheel drive while I'm already half a block away, and oh by the way I get 30 mpg....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
I like the youngins who think rice and mustangs are the in thing( or only thing)... they just can't comprehend a 2.o that boosts over 20 psi when the highest thing theyve seen on the street is 8psi and then throw in the hp numbers and they brain melt....priceless
Ive had to give demo rides to a few unbelievers....its a joy to watch those ever knowing( or so they think) faces when the boost gage glides right over that 25 psi mark......I always heart the stang people say they can spin tires thru 3rd and I say yeah, rear wheel drive while I'm already half a block away, and oh by the way I get 30 mpg....
I ran an '86 XrTi at 20PSI and it was every bit as quick and fast as my HHR SS and in fact ran mid 13's....and handled better. A 5.0 w/8psi is putting out in excess of 400HP and with a good tune and meth injection 450Hp and with the right driver will blow away ANY street HHR!
Yes, it probably could spin the tires in three gears...if you want to!

Yes, I love mine and get stares and compliments every where I go....and I'm a little shocked many have no idea what it is.

I'm throughly impressed with this little motor!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Honestly, even a clean, black SS doesn't get much attention. Except for maybe family or friends, nobody ever comments or says anything about it.
Gotta agree. This car attracts minimal attention in LT or SS form. However, that can be a good thing (Sleeper) Now my previous car (Chrysler Crossfire) got looks everywhere I went.

Quick Reply: Anyone else seem to get alot of complements about the HHR SS