HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

auto hhr ss dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Well then after you kick it up a few notch's with the add on or bolt on HP these guys have some good advice for you.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shane H
It won't be near 350 on a mustang my cobalt with cams full bolt on and e85 mad 340whp and 400ftlbs.

I'm trying to see what to do first zfr and set it at 325 till I get Boltons or go Boltons and then zfr. What I don't want is to spend 1200 on Boltons and end up making less than 300whp.

If you had a Colbalt? that's the big brother to the HHR same drive train basically. and it sounds like you already moded it up, So not clear
why you need our help? Sounds like maybe you could teach us a thing or two?
Tim
Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by black Tara

If you had a Colbalt? that's the big brother to the HHR same drive train basically. and it sounds like you already moded it up, So not clear
why you need our help? Sounds like maybe you could teach us a thing or two?
Tim
Lol the auto Trans just throws my figures off not sure the drivetrain loss difference. Soni was hoping for a dyno sheet to crunch some numbers.

And yes I've been around lnfs for 5 or so years. Even worked at zzp as tech support before college lol I know my stuff but I also like to hear other people's take on stuff.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:07 PM

Lol the auto Trans just throws my figures off not sure the drivetrain loss difference. Soni was hoping for a dyno sheet to crunch some numbers.

And yes I've been around lnfs for 5 or so years. Even worked at zzp as tech support before college lol I know my stuff but I also like to hear other people's take on stuff.
see I was right..
IMO I think the 5 speed and auto with the same mods and tune, the auto is quicker in the 1/4
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by black Tara
see I was right..
IMO I think the 5 speed and auto with the same mods and tune, the auto is quicker in the 1/4
In the 1/4 yes the auto is quicker just because of how much smoother you can deliver the power out of the hole however, an auto will have more drive train loss thus should put out lower numbers how much lower I have no idea lol.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:59 PM

In the 1/4 yes the auto is quicker just because of how much smoother you can deliver the power out of the hole however, an auto will have more drive train loss thus should put out lower numbers how much lower I have no idea lol.
The gearing is different, and with a decent tune. You'll see similar numbers, lower, but hardly. Also 4th in the auto is shorter than 5th in the manual. You don't need tall gears down low because you won't be able to put that power down. And to the OP, get your bolt ons done on the stock tune. Then buy map sensors and a big turbo. Buy the bolt ons to prep for it, like the MAF relocate slot will come in handy later, but keep it blocked off until then. Wait for sales and keep an eye out for used parts. You'll save a fortune. Until you have that ready, look into different turbo options than a zfr. Yeah they're cool, but if you save money and do some research, I'm sure you could find a better turbo