HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

The Brake Fix Is In

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 PM

So I have had hard brake issues once, and somehow just found this thread. So if I go in w/ the tsb number to the service department they should get order the stuff and take care of it?
Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
So I have had hard brake issues once, and somehow just found this thread. So if I go in w/ the tsb number to the service department they should get order the stuff and take care of it?
It is that easy.

The dealer will confirm there is an issue. THey will order or even have the parts. Mine had them in stock. They will then repair the issue and the brake issue is gone.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
It is that easy.

The dealer will confirm there is an issue. THey will order or even have the parts. Mine had them in stock. They will then repair the issue and the brake issue is gone.
That's what I will be doing when I bring it in for the next oil change and tire rotation. BTW - this will be the first time bringing it back to the dealer!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:40 PM

I am on day 3 of ownership of my '09 SS. Mine is giving me the brake warning on the DIC. Once I hit the "info" button on the steering wheel, it goes away........until it's shut off and restarted again. I have the MT5. I don't seem to have any actual braking issues as it stops great. (sidenote: I have the Brembo brake upgrade installed). Will the TSB fix the MT5?? Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse and repeating questions from elsewhere on the forum. I did a search and it's all over the place. Any suggestions on this issue??? (I haven't called the dealer yet on this.....)
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM

ok my ss w/ auto is going in for its 3 month check up tomorrow. I have the tsb number for my wife to give to the service guy. My wife drives the the car to work and has the hard brakes daily in the morning. I have only expierenced it on the weekends in the morning too. Is there anything else I need for her to print out for her, and are they still ahving issues w/ installing the pump?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
ok my ss w/ auto is going in for its 3 month check up tomorrow. I have the tsb number for my wife to give to the service guy. My wife drives the the car to work and has the hard brakes daily in the morning. I have only expierenced it on the weekends in the morning too. Is there anything else I need for her to print out for her, and are they still ahving issues w/ installing the pump?
I had the brake vacuum pump fix installed for some time now, and the problem is gone.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 AM

Some questions for the board - The install of my vacuum pump took between 6-8 hours. Is this normal? It looks like the average is around 3hrs? Long story short, the dealer had to keep the vehicle overnight and I had to drive back (1 hour) the next day to pick it up. Major pain in the a$$.

Forgetting that, after the install the CEL light came on and I'm throwing code P0557 - Brake Booster Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (aeroforce guage is paying for itself already!). Does anybody know if this is major problem or should I ingore it?

Thanks in advance for any insight....
Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM

It sounded like their first install. It should take less time than 8 hours.

The low voltage was my issue too. They need to fix or replace the harness pin in the underhood fues box. The car will run fine but it will throw the code.

THe dealer should be able to get info on this as it is a common problem. THe only issue is getting the pin for the harness as it seems to take time to get. In my case there was no part number at the time for it since mine was one of the first. Now there seems to be a shortage.

Do not ignore it as it will not go away. You should not be able to drive it as it is just a weak connection but still operates. DO make the dealer fix it. Call them and give them a heads up so they may be able to get the part before you go in. It does not take long to fix.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Just got a call that mine is finally fixed. After 4 times visiting the dealer.

First time--was told needed to order part
Second time--they got part in, but CEL kept coming on
Third time--went in to get CEL problem fixed, found out that connector pin was broken, was throwing codes for remote start and cruise control. Need to order complete new connector setup.
Fourth time-new connector in and all problems fixed.

Hopefully it wont be such a hassle to get the stage kit installed this winter.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC
I had the brake vacuum pump fix installed for some time now, and the problem is gone.
Same here, absolutely no problems after the install!!

Quick Reply: The Brake Fix Is In