HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

chrome on the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 AM

chrome on the SS?

can one order the HHR SS with a chrome grill, chrome door handles and chrome sideview mirror caps? or are they all mono chromatic , with the buyer having to track these items down and install himself? thanks. ---by the way, i did check out the stock SS grill on a dealer lot and wasnt too impressed with plastic -fantastic .....but i guess everything new or aftermarket will be some form of plastic.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:00 PM

Its only the plastic, no chrome options.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
can one order the HHR SS with a chrome grill, chrome door handles and chrome sideview mirror caps? or are they all mono chromatic , with the buyer having to track these items down and install himself? thanks. ---by the way, i did check out the stock SS grill on a dealer lot and wasnt too impressed with plastic -fantastic .....but i guess everything new or aftermarket will be some form of plastic.
It sould be easy enough to find the chrome handles and mirror caps, aftermarket caps are being sold be at least two of the vendors here.

Might be a while for an aftermarket grill since the SS grill/bumper combe is different than all the other models.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:22 PM

less is best, the less chrome the better in my opinion, and the SS is one of the better looking cars to come out in several years in my opinion. I never did like a lot of chrome on cars once they went away from the real chromed steel bumpers. To each his own, go for it, you'll end up with a SS that looks like a LT.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM

Chrome Grill ,Handles

Went to the Chevy Dealer in Bradenton Florida (Cox Chevrolet ) and they had a Silver SS,Automatic with smoked crome grill, door handles, and rear bar were the Chevy emblim goes on.
It's the same kind of Chrome that they put on the special edition capachino colored HHR.
The above is a dealer installed option. Sorry but i don't remember what the cost for the option was.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Don Battista
Went to the Chevy Dealer in Bradenton Florida (Cox Chevrolet ) and they had a Silver SS,Automatic with smoked crome grill, door handles, and rear bar were the Chevy emblim goes on.
It's the same kind of Chrome that they put on the special edition capachino colored HHR.
The above is a dealer installed option. Sorry but i don't remember what the cost for the option was.
I've already seen one dealer "fake" SS setup. This sounds like another.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by MooseHead
less is best, the less chrome the better in my opinion, and the SS is one of the better looking cars to come out in several years in my opinion. I never did like a lot of chrome on cars once they went away from the real chromed steel bumpers. To each his own, go for it, you'll end up with a SS that looks like a LT.
I completely agree. NO CHROME!! It just looks tacky in my opinion. Chrome only belongs on wheels.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 AM

I dunno,on the Victory Red I think the chrome light rings will add a nice splash. I also plan on chroming some of the underhood stuff, and maybe even doing chromed or red swaybars.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM

I am looking for the thread on how to put windows in a Panel! Does anyone make a kit?

I think if you like Chrome don't buy an SS. It would be no different than pulling the turbo and putting in a 2.4 because you like the 2.4 more. Besides the fact you are killing any long term value by altering the SS. If you look at the classic car market now, for the most part stock is king and modified (unless something spectacular) is less value.

I know this is a free country and you can do whatever you want but if it was my SS I would keep it pristine and completely stock.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM

For me I like less chrome.