HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Curious: Did you test drive an LS/LT before you bought the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 AM

Curious: Did you test drive an LS/LT before you bought the SS?

Actually, for me I had researched it online as much as possible, and had a dealer quote in hand when I went in with the family to look at HHRs. We test drove "The Fancy Red Car" but never any of the others. OK, I looked inside a couple, and my wife was insistant on the "less expensive" models. A couple days later, (after listening to much whining) we were driving out with our new SS.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:26 AM

well when we got ours the SS had everything i was planning on doing with the LT/LS like all black handles, black mirrors, black grill and so on and the wheels where just so clean, so we test drove that one first, and between all of that, the sound of the turbo and the guage on the pillar there was no need to drive the lesser ones, haha, not to mention we got the sticker price down to just under 21! with the thing loaded with just about everything but the performance seat...
Old 06-25-2008, 07:20 AM

Test drove a LS around the parking lot....does that count? (Sales person couldn't figure out how to get it into reverse)
Old 06-25-2008, 07:29 AM

Owned an '06 2LT before I bought the SS.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:35 AM

I knew I wanted an SS and went shopping for one. The local guy only had LT's on the lot at the time, so I drove one over to the house, the wife looked it over and said OK, just get one with an auto in Red or Orange. Three weeks later I'm cruising the Chevrolet web site checking local inventory and the dealers web site says he has a Red SS in stock, so when I get home we all drove over and told the sales guy we want the red SS. He says they don't have one. I said yes you do check your inventory. So he checks and says Gee you're right, it just came in about an hour ago. We walked back to the prep area and there it is, loaded with dust and dirt, white plastic all over it. We looked it over, found it OK and went to fill out the paper work.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 AM

I saw a red HHR Panel and thought it was pretty cool. I was going to order a black one in March 2008. I saw a black one on ebay that was loaded in December 2007 and bought it. I never even sat in one until the dealer delivered it!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:14 AM

I never drove one or got close to an SS before I bought it. I saw that the dealer only had 2 and said yep that's the one. But the boneheads went and pin striped the dern thing and I removed the pin stripe the next day.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadHHRSS
I never drove one or got close to an SS before I bought it. I saw that the dealer only had 2 and said yep that's the one. But the boneheads went and pin striped the dern thing and I removed the pin stripe the next day.
Coulda been worse. They could have put flames on it.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:48 AM

I drove a model with the LT trim I think before I got my SS. There was not an SS within an hour radius for me to test drive. On the test drive I liked the vehicle but I kept telling myself that a lot more would happen in an SS when I pressed the go pedal. Turns out I was right.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 AM

no..........

Quick Reply: Curious: Did you test drive an LS/LT before you bought the SS?