HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Does anybody else find the headroom in the HHR SS a little snug?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:55 AM

Does anybody else find the headroom in the HHR SS a little snug?

I sat in an HHR SS with a moonroof the other day and found that my head / hair touched the headliner no matter what I did with the seat (I'm 6'0"). I noticed in the Autoblog review that the reviewer said the same thing. Does anybody else find the front headroom to be a little snug? Does anybody know what the actual headroom measurement is for an HHR SS with a sunroof?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 AM

The SS might be slightly different but thats why I didn't get one in my HHR. Others don't seem to have a problem with it:

Driver's seat

Lowering the driver seat
Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 PM

I just took an HHR SS for a test drive. The headroom was snug, but I was able to get the seat into a satisfactory position that left a little clearance between my head and the headliner. Not too bad, but I do wish there was a little more room.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 PM

From what I've seen sunroofs alway lessen the headroom.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
From what I've seen sunroofs alway lessen the headroom.

TRUE... I have the moonroof in my 2006 2LT and noticed that if my seat is set too high, my Bart Simpson style crewcut hair will hit the headliner above me... I'm about 6' 1"...

Doesn't seem to happen in my fiance's 2006 2LT without the moonroof.

Last edited by Big Kahuna; 02-23-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 PM

I rented a HHR just so I could be sure it would fit me in the long term, no sunroof for me. If I decide I have to have one, I could get a flip open one installed.
Yes, that is why I passed on the sunroof, can't stand my hair grazing the roof. It was the same thing on the 87 Grand National, I went with the t-tops instead. It effects the back seat, as it is a sliding roof and has to drop down and slide back. Thats what takes so much room, it has to drop down. Maybe a better choice on the HHR would a tip up sunroof, removable, with a pull shade.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm 6'3" and can not get a vehicle without a sunroof!

I just shaved my head a few years back and now I don't have any hair brushing the roof issues.
But, seriously, seat sits a little high...doing the lean thing, oh well the price that we all must pay.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by LT1GMC
...If I decide I have to have one, I could get a flip open one installed....
you might wanna do some rethinking on that one. From what I understand, you do not want to install an aftermarket sunroof. From what I have read on here, an aftermarket one is considered body damage to the roof and u are susceptible to water leakage and other problems. Dont do it until you check all the facts...
Old 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
you might wanna do some rethinking on that one. From what I understand, you do not want to install an aftermarket sunroof. From what I have read on here, an aftermarket one is considered body damage to the roof and u are susceptible to water leakage and other problems. Dont do it until you check all the facts...
...not to mention it probably voids all kinds of warranty coverages.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM

I dont have the SS, but If I didn't get the powerseat in the LT@, it would have been a "no sale" for the dealer. The non-power seat did not et low enough for me. Glad I didn't even check the sunroof type.

Quick Reply: Does anybody else find the headroom in the HHR SS a little snug?