HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Does anyone love driving their SS as much as me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM

I have been driving mine for almost a week now and I noticed I really don't get any boost in first or second gear, is that normal? I know first gear is really short but second pulls hard without the boost so I am not sure if is supposed to have pressure.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by bad03xtreme
I have been driving mine for almost a week now and I noticed I really don't get any boost in first or second gear, is that normal? I know first gear is really short but second pulls hard without the boost so I am not sure if is supposed to have pressure.

do you have the automatic?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM

5 speed
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
I am from NY too!!! Lower Westchester just above Manhattan.
I'm in Queens and have not yet seen another SS around. We must be avoiding each other on the road? I love mine for sure!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 AM

This car brings a smile to my face everytime that I drive it. My 08 SS has 21000 miles on it without bit of problems. I have done both oil changes which were a very easy maintainance job. WAY COOL CAR TO DRIVE.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by bad03xtreme
check your connections on your ic piping. you probably have a leak somewhere.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Paul's hhr ss
This car brings a smile to my face everytime that I drive it.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM

I love the car - the only thing that irritates me is that fact that sometimes the center stack dash sounds like it is going to vibrate itself into a hundred pieces. Ugh.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM

I was concerned about giving up my 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 for my HHR SS. Both are pretty close in power and handling. I loved driving that Caddy.

But once I drove the SS, I never looked back. There's just something that sets this car apart, both in driving experience and uniqueness. It's tough to describe, but it seems as if driving the SS has more driving "dimension" than the Caddy. I now love driving the HHR SS even more...

Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 AM

I love my HHR. Mine is a 08 SS automatic. I've had it for almost a year now. It was my first new car, before then I had a 99 Saturn SL2. It was a nice littel car and i had a good run with it but I had to get something new. Of cource the HHR was a major improvement over my old car. But the HHR SS in my opinion is just freakin awesome. At the time when I purchased it I honestly had no idea how limited the numbers were on the SS. Before I bought it Ive only seen one red SS and it was parked...but what was even crazier was that as hard to find as they are I was able to find one exactly they way I wanted it and at a dealer that was only 4 miles away from me. Black with ebony interior automatic with the pioneer sound system and no sun roof (no sun roof being a big deal for me since my old Saturn had a sun roof and it was nothin but a pain with leaks and jams)... Anyways idk what the odds are but I just felt like it was meant to be. May sound silly but that's how I feel. I got it with 24k miles and paid 19,414 with my old saturn as a trade in and after fees and with a 4 year 50k extended warranty. So I feel I got a great deal on it. Driving it has been a blast I always want a excuse to drive my car. Handles so well and it has great speed. I wanted something unique that not everyone has or cloned all over the streets like Honda civics or Nissan altimas. I wanted something special and that's what I got with my HHR SS. I couldn't be happier. Made a few minir exterior mods on it and I have my first performance mod a TTR sway bar on the way. Looking forward to it. SS rocks!!!!

Quick Reply: Does anyone love driving their SS as much as me?